Picture of Oystein Sorborg
Preview problem - component Responsive IFrame
by Oystein Sorborg - Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 11:19 AM

I'm running Adapt Builder v0.1.3 with Adapt Framework v2.0.4 (on Windows 10). Yesterday I was so happy because I managed to get the Responsive IFrame component (https://github.com/LearningPool/adapt-contrib-responsiveIframe/) running (Plugin Management - > Components -> Upload Plugin). The iframes worked in the preview. Today (after reboot) the preview is no longer working, "Loading" + the rotating circle won't go away. If I remove the block with this component, the preview of the course works fine. I've tried a full compile by (Menu Picker or Theme Picker + Save).

The Javascript error I get in course 1:
TypeError: undefined is not a constructor adapt.min.js:103:27479
And in course 2:
TypeError: a is not a constructor adapt.min.js:103:27479

This component may not be verified for later versions of Adapt Framework, but it worked for me yesterday... :-(

Any suggestion anyone?

Picture of Brian Quinn
Re: Preview problem - component Responsive IFrame
by Brian Quinn - Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 12:07 PM

Hi Oystein,

I haven't been able to re-create your error.  I'm also testing on v0.1.3 and v2.0.4 also, but as it worked for you yesterday with the same version of the framework (I assume) then the framework shouldn't be an issue.  That error indicates some problem with bundling the required JavaScript though.

Can you verify that the code for the reponsiveIFrame component still exists in /adapt_authoring/temp/{id}/adapt_framework/src/components/adapt-contrib-responsiveIframe?

Thanks,

Brian

Picture of Oystein Sorborg
by Oystein Sorborg - Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 12:44 PM

Thank you Brian!! It was not... Works fine again after I copied it there. I know why also now; I reinstalled Adapt Builder yesterday because I wanted to include FFmpeg. I generated a backup of the mongoDB and restored it after the new install. Then the plugin still was in the Adapt Builder with working authoring page for this component.

Oystein

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 1:24 PM

Hi Oystein,

Glad you got it working again. It actually wasn't necessary to re-install to include FFmpeg. You could have just updated the 'useffmpeg' key in /conf/config.json.

Brian