Picture of Oystein Sorborg
Removing components from Adapt Builder
by Oystein Sorborg - Friday, 6 November 2015, 9:31 AM

I tested out some different iframe-components (adapt-iframe, adapt-contrib-responsiveIframe and adapt-webObject). adapt-contrib-responsiveIframe works fine, and I will use that. But now the adapt-contrib-text has stopped working in Adapt Builder; ends up with the loading circle (javascript error) when trying to edit a text-component in a course. I think it is the adapt-contrib-iframe which has made a conflict:
https://github.com/cgkineo/adapt-iframe/blob/master/bower.json

In the Plugin Management -> Component page the adapt-contrib-iframe is listed as:
Text | A simple core contributed text component | 0.0.2

I have deactivated it (unchecked the checkbox) but the problem is still there. I have also tried to remove everything of adapt-iframe in src/ and adapt-iframe is not listed in components.js. I also reinstalled the adapt-contrib-text. Since the adapt-iframe still appear in the Plugin Management -> Component page it may be some data in mongodb that should be removed? Any suggestion?

Picture of Simon Hedges
Re: Removing components from Adapt Builder
by Simon Hedges - Friday, 6 November 2015, 11:58 AM

I sucessfully removed objects by removing the componenttype definition in the database. I don't know if this leaves any loose ends but it seemed to work for me.

Nice to have an Adapt Builder feature to do this.

by Oystein Sorborg - Friday, 6 November 2015, 12:39 PM

> removing the componenttype definition in the database

How do you do that?

Mark
by Mark Lynch - Friday, 6 November 2015, 12:42 PM

Hi Simon,

It would be great if you got involved in the project and help develop that feature, the more people that get involved to develop features the faster they get released.

Mark.

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Tuesday, 10 November 2015, 3:46 PM

Simon,

It does leave loose ends, specifically in the /temp/{id}/adapt_framework folder where the code for the deleted component type will still exist.

It would be a nice feature but it's not easy to implement as what happens to those courses when which contain a component which you've removed?

Brian

by Oystein Sorborg - Saturday, 7 November 2015, 11:39 PM

I have now removed the the components from componenttypes in the db from the mongo shell:

db.componenttypes.remove( { name: "adapt-contrib-iframe" } )
db.componenttypes.remove( { name: "adapt-webObject" } )

They don't appear in the Adapt Builder, but the edit page of adapt-contrib-text components in my course still won't work.

JavaScript error:

TypeError: i is not a constructor origin.js:176:28281
TypeError: a.ui.space(...) is null ckeditor.js:303:102

I've tried to reinstall this plugin, but still get the same error. What will be the correct procedure of reinstall a plugin?

by Oystein Sorborg - Sunday, 8 November 2015, 12:20 PM

\adapt_authoring> adapt install
adapt-contrib-text found. Installing component ...
adapt-contrib-text has been installed successfully.

But:

adapt_authoring> adapt uninstall contrib-text
Oh dear, something went wrong. Package adapt-contrib-text not found

I have:

> db.componenttypes.find( { name: "adapt-contrib-text" } )
{ "_id" : ObjectId("563756ad1b5047a82802d192"), "name" : "adapt-contrib-text", "displayName" : "Text", "description" : "A simple core contributed text component", "version" : "2.0.1", "framework" : "^2.0.0", "properties" : { "instruction" : { "help" : "This is the instruction text", "validators" : [ ], "inputType" : "Text", "default" : "", "required" : false, "type" : "string" }, "_supportedLayout" : { "editorOnly" : true, "default" : "both", "enum" : [ "full-width", "half-width", "both" ], "required" : true, "type" : "string" } }, "globals" : { "ariaRegion" : { "validators" : [ ], "inputType" : "Text", "default" : "", "required" : true, "type" : "string" } }, "component" : "text", "assetFields" : [ ], "isLocalPackage" : false, "_isAvailableInEditor" : true, "_isDeleted" : false, "__v" : 0 }

And the adapt-contrib-text files in \adapt_authoring\src\components\adapt-contrib-text
and in
\adapt_authoring\temp\5638d33dffb406d04679445c\adapt_framework\src\components\adapt-contrib-text

And it is listed in the components.js:
... "components/adapt-contrib-text/js/adapt-contrib-text", ...

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Tuesday, 10 November 2015, 3:37 PM

Oystein,

I think you're getting confused between the framework and the authoring tool here.  Plugins for the authoring tool should only be  installed via the Manage Plugins link.  You should never run the adapt cli from the authoring tool.  As it stands you've probably slightly corrupted your codebase by installing adapt-contrib-text in the wrong place.

Brian 

by Oystein Sorborg - Wednesday, 11 November 2015, 12:40 PM

Ok, thank you for clarifying that Brian!

I managed now to clean up so that adapt-contrib-text could be installed via the Manage Plugin in the authoring tool. So, the component works again :-)

Picture of Pankaj Dwivedi
by Pankaj Dwivedi - Saturday, 30 July 2016, 9:40 PM

Hi,

I am new to Adapt, i have installed couple of plugins which i want to unistall. i am not able to locate the src folder.

I have installed adapt using vagrant.

Kindly help.

Cheers,

Pankaj