Picture of Arend Raifsnider
Framework ZIP file missing components and extensions?
by Arend Raifsnider - Friday, 6 November 2015, 3:40 PM

We're trying to get the framework installed on a colleague's computer and we noticed that the zip version from the Setting Up Your Development environment page seems to be missing the extensions and components. Is this intentional (ie. they need to be installed separately) or is that zip file missing something by mistake?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Framework ZIP file missing components and extensions?
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 6 November 2015, 4:06 PM

Hi Arend

If you've downloaded the zip file as referred to in the line:

"Alternatively you can download it as a ZIP and perform a manual installation."

Then yes, that's correct. The Install module dependencies part of the manual installation - specifically $ adapt install - will download all the extensions and components listed in adapt.json.

If you install the framework using $ adapt create course you don't have to do any of that.

Picture of L A
by L A - Friday, 6 November 2015, 7:56 PM

Hi Matt,

The issue actually arouse was when we installed the authoring tool. I had installed the authoring tool about 3 weeks ago and with it, came the framework folder with all the corresponding sub directors (components, core, extensions, menu, theme). When we installed it on another colleagues computer last week, we noticed that her framework folder was missing all those sub directors. Which posed an issue, since we could not get the spoor to show up in the extensions list to activate.

Was something changed in the authoring tool download?

Thanks,

Laura

Picture of L A
by L A - Friday, 6 November 2015, 8:41 PM

Hi Matt,

I guess we needed to still run the adapt install, even with the authoring tool then as now I see all the files.

Thanks so much for your help.

Laura

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Monday, 9 November 2015, 9:44 AM

Hi Laura,

Glad to see that you resolved the issue.

It sounds like something went wrong during the installation of the tool on the second machine - sometimes the process fails during the adapt install (which would explain why there were no plugins).

If everything goes to plan during install, there should be no need to manually run the adapt install.

Picture of L A
by L A - Monday, 9 November 2015, 2:55 PM

Hi Tom,

I didn't get any errors but for some reason, I still had to run the adapt install to get the extensions. And from that list, I am still missing the spoor.

I tried to install it manually and received an error that the plugin is not compatible with my Adapt authoring tool version. Can you please let me know what I should do to add the spoor?

Thanks,

Laura