Picture of Jose Campos
Adding global footer
by Jose Campos - Monday, 9 November 2015, 4:43 PM

I have been playing with Adapt for a while, with the templates and the components functionality. Now I'm trying to add a global footer. I found that in the page.hbs template a footer can be added for the pages but I haven't been able to locate what needs to be update in order to get the same footer into the main page, the boxed menu page. I looked into the box menu but the idea is to have that outside of that component.

Let me know if you have any ideas or information about this, any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Picture of jPablo Caballero
Re: Adding global footer
by jPablo Caballero - Monday, 9 November 2015, 5:42 PM

José,

I did that by modifying the menu template.

In your course directory, (assuming you're using the default adapt-contrib-boxMenu), the template you need to modify is:

/src/menu/adapt-contrib-boxMenu/templates/boxmenu.hbs

hope it helps.

Picture of Jose Campos
by Jose Campos - Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 7:22 PM

Hi Pablo,

I mean the HTML source header, "head" tag, where all the meta tags are, the links to css files and so on. Another way to look at it would be to think about the header of the wrapper file.

Picture of jPablo Caballero
by jPablo Caballero - Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 12:09 PM

I see what you mean...

I see all that in src/index.html   ... which, apparently, gets copied to the build directory as-is (I've built with and without Spoor, and doing a diff of src/index.html and build/index.html shows they are exactly the same.

Picture of Jose Campos
by Jose Campos - Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 2:55 PM

I did try editing that one without luck but I will try again just in case and let you know. Thanks!

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Thursday, 19 November 2015, 12:49 PM

Hi both,

As jPablo suggested, if you're developing in the framework standalone (i.e. not using the authoring tool), you can add a global footer to src/index.html. This file is then copied across to the output build folder.