Picture of Oscar Arango
Installing Adapt Authoring Tool on Domain
by Oscar Arango - Tuesday, 10 November 2015, 3:00 PM

HI,

If you need Adapt hosted and accessable via URL example: http://adaptbuilder.com, you can contact me.  I am able to setup everything.

Runs on:

Linux Centos 7 Server

MongoDB

and Node dependencies

thanks,

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: Installing Adapt Authoring Tool on Domain
by Chuck Lorenz - Tuesday, 10 November 2015, 4:18 PM

Hi Oscar,

Your willingness to help is much appreciated. We're trying to maintain wikis that can provide basic help at any hour of the day. Here's the link to the installation guide for the authoring tool: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/wiki/Installing-Adapt-Origin. Please consider sharing your experience and expertise by reviewing, amending, and adding sections to the wiki. It would be a great help.

It's simple to do, but contact me (or Tom Taylor, Matt Leathes, and others) if you'd like some guidance.

Thanks!

Chuck Lorenz

Picture of Oscar Arango
by Oscar Arango - Tuesday, 10 November 2015, 5:46 PM

I think a video would be better.  I can do two video's 

1. Installation on a web server internal

2. Installation on a web server with domain name.

Ports are changed and some of the dependentcies don't run as expected like explained in the wiki.  People would see every step and possibly what to do when encountering errors.

Lets discuss.

thanks,

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
by Chuck Lorenz - Tuesday, 10 November 2015, 7:50 PM

Excellent, Oscar. Yes, we'll chat.

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Tuesday, 10 November 2015, 10:12 PM

Very much needed! Thanks for starting this one I look forward to seeing the results!

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Wednesday, 11 November 2015, 3:57 PM

I'd love to see us develop an actual Adapt course (crazy thought, I know, but bear with me) describing how to install the authoring tool. This way we can show off Adapt a bit (and that we actually use it), as well as take advantage of the various components.

I think the install process in particular marks a good opportunity, as it'll serve not only as an interactive walkthrough, but will also give a bit of a taste of what's possible after you've got everything installed (and hopefully give a bit of an incentive to follow through with the installation).

I'm willing to help out on this :)

Picture of jPablo Caballero
by jPablo Caballero - Wednesday, 11 November 2015, 5:06 PM

Tom,

I've actually created one Adapt course about Adapt... but it's a very general overview (no details about installation). My main objective when writing that (in both English and Spanish) was to contribute to "spread the word about Adapt" ... so it's a high-level overview

I was about to upload it to my server (hopefully, tomorrow)  ... but I was going to ask Sven (or whomever... I thought about Sven because somebody else asked him about a similar issue) to take a look at it before going full-public... just to make sure that I'm not saying anything blatantly wrong, or that I'm not making any inappropriate use of Adapt logos, or such things. 

But what you're saying... I think it's interesting, maybe a series of courses in Adapt about Adapt...

regards

Picture of Oscar Arango
by Oscar Arango - Wednesday, 11 November 2015, 5:13 PM

Video 1 of many more, installation on CentOS7 Adapt Authoring Tool using domain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0UAMSO9Jlk

thanks

Picture of Oscar Arango
by Oscar Arango - Wednesday, 11 November 2015, 5:14 PM

feel free to link to it on the Adapt website if you want.

Picture of Eduardo Medeiros
by Eduardo Medeiros - Friday, 4 March 2016, 2:58 PM

Hello, I'm having difficulty installing the adapt on CentOS, even watching your video, I wonder how much you charge to install a server adapt in digital ocean?