Picture of Marcus Sjöström
Unable to log in (Adapt Builder)
by Marcus Sjöström - Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 4:51 PM

A couple of hours ago I was excited to start installing Adapt. Following the installation instructions (For End Users) was quite easy. When it came to creating a super user I entered my e-mailadress and then I tried to enter a password, but no text showed up in the prompt. Probably a safety feature - not showing anything on screen, I thought and continued by pressing enter. When I later tried to log in to the Adapt Buider, I got an error message telling me that I had entered "Incorrect e-mail address or password". I tried both the password I had entered and leaving the field blank. Nothing worked. I tried re-entering my e-mail address, in case I had messed it up, but that didn't help. Desperate I tried the final installation step again so that I could try to enter a new password. I tried leaving the password blank this time, but then the prompt complained so I entered a single space as password. Everything looked fine, but I am still unable to log in with my new "password". I even copied my e-mail from the prompt and pasted it, but that made no difference.

Could someone please tell me what I am missing and how to fix it? I really want to try using this tool.

Picture of Tom Taylor
Re: Unable to log in (Adapt Builder)
by Tom Taylor - Thursday, 19 November 2015, 12:47 PM

Hi Marcus,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

I suggest adding a new password to the database manually using a tool such as Robomongo. You can do this following Dennis' instructions from an older post. The you'll find your user record in the users collection.

Picture of Marcus Sjöström
Re: Unable to log in (Adapt Builder)
by Marcus Sjöström - Thursday, 19 November 2015, 1:44 PM

Awesome! I'm in! Thank you very much!