Picture of Ryan Lehmann
Course won't complete in LMS
by Ryan Lehmann - Thursday, 19 November 2015, 2:15 PM

Hi, 

I have a course that uploads to our LMS (élan) just fine, but we can never get it to move to Complete, it always stay In progress. Currently using v 0.1.1 of the authoring tool (tried upgrading to 1.3, but then we couldn't delete blocks so reverted back to 1.1)

We've tried a number of different combinations of settings, but here are the most current ones we've tried:

Assessment failure status: complete

Tracking success status: complete

Submit score: false

Course completion required:  false

Assessment pass required: false

Is Enabled: true

We even tried turning on Page Level Progress just to verify that all components had been completed, but no luck.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ryan

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Course won't complete in LMS
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 12:17 PM

Hi Ryan

Apologies for incredibly slow response...

If you have both course completion and assessment pass set to false it will not be possible for a user to ever complete the course. You need to set one or another (or both) to true.

Have a look at the README for the contrib-spoor extension to see what the different settings do so that you can determine which are best for your course. If you still have any questions, please ask on here (and I will try to respond quickly!)

Picture of Ryan Lehmann
by Ryan Lehmann - Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 1:57 PM

Thanks Matt, 

No worries.  We haven't figured it out yet, we just posted the files to an Apache server outside of the LMS for now.   We have tried setting one or both of those to true, as well as a number of other combinations.  I just upgraded our server, so I'm going to try testing again this week.  Will post the results here. 

Cheers,

Ryan

Picture of Ryan Lehmann
by Ryan Lehmann - Friday, 11 December 2015, 4:00 PM

So whatever it was, it was fixed by the upgrade! New uploads to the LMS seem to work flawlessly now. Thanks, 

Ryan