Picture of Tony Calarco
Back (Previous) Button not working
by Tony Calarco - Tuesday, 24 November 2015, 3:10 PM

Hi All:

First off, wonderful tool you folks are building and I hope to be able to contribute to its development in some small way--eventually.

In the meantime, I'm still trying to figure it out.

I installed the authoring tool and it seems completely functional except that 

1. I don't see the Theme editor menu item that appears in your videos.

2. The Back (Previous) button doesn't work in my courses, either in preview mode or the published final versions.

In case it matters, I installed every available plug-in.

Thanks for your help!

Picture of John Niezen
Re: Back (Previous) Button not working
by John Niezen - Tuesday, 1 December 2015, 8:52 AM

Hi Tony,

Did you also pointed to the Menu- extension from your course?

As for the Theme editor, I think it is a LearningPool item, that is not in the "public" source.

Picture of Teja Majety
by Teja Majety - Monday, 7 December 2015, 10:50 AM

Hi John,

I had the same issue as "Tony", The previous button is not working neither in  preview nor in published version.

I am using Authoring tool and I installed all the plugins, I mean everything seems fine except that. 

I couldn't get you on what do you mean on "Menu-extension". Could you please give any further explanation on that.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 7 December 2015, 11:40 AM

What version of the framework are you using within the AT?

It's certainly working fine for me if I download the latest version of the framework using the Adapt CLI and build from that.

One possible source of the problem was that we recently had to change lots of clickable items in the framework and core plugins from <a> to <button> to make VoiceOver for iOS work properly - including the back button in the navigation. If you have anything that's still set to look for the <a> version of the back button, it's not going to be able to find it. Conversely, if your theme still has the back button has <a> in the template, the latest framework code is going to be unable to target it.

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Monday, 7 December 2015, 11:47 AM

Tony/Teja,

If the previous button isn't working, please upgrade your framework by running "node upgrade.js".  There was a bug in v2.0.1 of the framework but it's since been resolved.

Regards,

Brian

Picture of Teja Majety
by Teja Majety - Monday, 7 December 2015, 3:50 PM

Hi Guyz thanks for the quick reply, Brain that solved my issue. I Updated my framework to version 2.0.6 that solved the problem. Thank you..

Regards,

Teja

Picture of Lee Webber
by Lee Webber - Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 4:20 PM

Hi,

I have today installed the Adapt Authoring tool (Vagrant method) as per this post

The back button does not work in preview or in live once published. I see mention of updating framework but I have just downloaded the latest Authoring 0.1.4 so a little confused.

Everything else seems to work fine. Is the previously mentioned bug still prevalent in the Authoring tool?

What do I need to do now?

Thanks

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 9:54 PM

Hi Lee,

It's not a bug in the authoring tool, it was a bug in the framework.  As outlined in previous answer, just run "node upgrade.js" to get the latest framework and the fix.

The authoring tool won't automatically upgrade to the latest framework, but it will notify the user if a later version is available.

Brian

Picture of Tony Calarco
by Tony Calarco - Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 11:42 AM

I tried to update and the process failed.  Now the authoring tool isn't working because it can't find Mongoose. I'll try doing a reinstall of the authoring tool but I won't have time to do that for awhile.

In the meantime I wanted to thank all the people that took the time to respond to this thread; I'm sure your suggestions will fix the problem.

This is very cool tool and I look forward to working with it!

Picture of Lee Webber
by Lee Webber - Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 11:52 AM

Hi Brian,

Thanks, yes I saw that in the thread but it came back with 'command not found'. I am running this on Virtual box via the Vagrant install method. I tried the 'node upgrade.js' in the terminal window on my mac (in the directory where Adapt is installed) - is there somewhere else I should be trying it?

thanks

Lee

Picture of Lee Webber
by Lee Webber - Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 12:25 PM

I get this error

Picture of Lee Webber
by Lee Webber - Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 2:04 PM

Fixed it!

Even though I went down the Vagrant install route I had skipped the installation of some of the pre-requisites

Back button now working.

Cheers