Picture of Arend Raifsnider
LMS popup
by Arend Raifsnider - Wednesday, 25 November 2015, 7:45 PM

Hello,

I recently started a new Adapt course with the framework by using the "adapt create course" command. However, something seems different when I run grunt server. I'm used to seeing a couple popups when the preview launches, stating that the "course could not connect to the LMS." I don't seem to be getting that message on my latest course, however. 

I've checked my config.json file, and I see that Spoor is enabled there. My imsmanifest file looks normal as well. I'm a bit concerned that this means the SCORM is not functioning properly. 

Was there some recent change to the framework that this could be due to, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Arend

Picture of Belal Almassri
Re: LMS popup
by Belal Almassri - Wednesday, 25 November 2015, 9:13 PM

Do you have spoor extension installed? Run adapt install contrib-spoor 

by Arend Raifsnider - Wednesday, 25 November 2015, 9:28 PM

Hi Bela,

Spoor is enabled. I double checked by running the spoor install again and it hasn't solved this.

Thanks,

Arend

by Belal Almassri - Wednesday, 25 November 2015, 11:55 PM

If you navigate to the extension folder, can you see contrib-spoor extension, if yes, then may be there is a recent change to spoor, I'll have a look tomorrow. 

by Belal Almassri - Wednesday, 25 November 2015, 11:57 PM

You always can test it on LMS and see if the tracking works as expected. 

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 26 November 2015, 10:05 AM

Hi Arend

If you have a look at the release notes for the latest release of contrib-spoor you'll see that this is all as intended.

by Arend Raifsnider - Thursday, 26 November 2015, 7:17 PM

Excellent, thanks Matt!