Picture of Catrin Harris
Preview not working
by Catrin Harris - Monday, 30 November 2015, 6:20 AM

Hi!

I saw that this has been posted before, but I’m not sure how to determine why the preview isn’t working for me (network, permissions, installation etc.) – and am hoping I’ll be able to get some direction.

The IT department has installed Adapt onto our server, and I’ve built a test course. When I select preview, a new tab opens with a blank window. In Chrome, using the developer tools, I can see that this error has occurred.

I published the course to preview it this way instead. However, when I open the index file, it never progresses past the loading screen.

Does anyone know where we might have gone wrong?

Thanks so much. 

Picture of John Niezen
Re: Preview not working
by John Niezen - Monday, 30 November 2015, 7:36 AM

Hi Catrin,

I had the same thing this weekend at home.

I changed the main.html to index.html and it worked.

If you want to view the course from the zip package, then you need to switch to Firefox. The folks told me before that FF is the only browser that has some parts included to view the unzipped package. Hope this works for you.

John

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Monday, 30 November 2015, 9:45 AM

John/Catrin,

If you go to Manage Plugins can you check that the version of Spoor you're using is v2.0.7?  

Thanks,

Brian

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Monday, 30 November 2015, 8:49 PM

Yep,

Mine was on 2.0.6, updated to 2.0.7 and preview works with main.html again.

Picture of Catrin Harris
by Catrin Harris - Monday, 30 November 2015, 11:29 PM

Thanks so much John, Brian, Matt!

I've installed Firefox and updated the Spoor extension - preview's working like a charm. 

Cheers! :) 

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 30 November 2015, 9:51 AM

If you want to view the course from the zip package, then you need to switch to Firefox

It's because Firefox's security on local content doesn't stop Adapt from working.

Picture of Ricardo Mendez
by Ricardo Mendez - Wednesday, 16 March 2016, 11:16 PM

Hello everybody,

I have this issue as well. I've tried to update the Spoor but I have the latest version (2.0.9), and also installed Firefox, but I keep getting the loading screen forever. How can I solve this?