Picture of Josh Naus
Adapt theme colours
by Josh Naus - Wednesday, 2 December 2015, 7:51 PM

I am having a lot of trouble changing the colours of my theme. The colours don't always affect things how I expect them to and the relationship between Element Background Colours and Element Colours.

For example, in the attached image I would like to have a grey background (which I have) but I would like the background of what I understand to be the Block and Component to be white. Essentially I want my information in a white box on the grey background.

I have watched the tutorial videos and it still isn't clear to me or my team. Can anyone help? Is there some obvious thing that I am missing?

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum, if so please point me in the right direction!

Picture of Arend Raifsnider
Re: Adapt theme colours
by Arend Raifsnider - Thursday, 3 December 2015, 5:17 PM

Josh,

Are you working in the authoring tool or the framework? To edit the color of the component in the framework, you can open the colors.less file and edit the one labeled, @component-background-color.

Hope this helps.

Arend

Picture of Josh Naus
by Josh Naus - Monday, 7 December 2015, 1:35 AM

I am using the authoring tool.  The framework seems a bit to code heavy for me!

Picture of Eric Rohrer
by Eric Rohrer - Tuesday, 15 December 2015, 7:18 AM

What if in the authoring tool?

Picture of Simon Bertoli
by Simon Bertoli - Thursday, 27 October 2016, 2:18 AM

Does anyone have an answer to this? I am customising the Salsa theme.. 

I would've thought the setting 'Element Background Colour' would be the background of the article (or content) but it seems to be an opacity setting of the 'Background Colour' only

Sorry this doesn't seem intuitive to me... what is the Element Background Colour setting for then?

I can get the desired result with some custom css but I think this should be an easy enough setting no?

Picture of Simon Bertoli
by Simon Bertoli - Thursday, 27 October 2016, 4:32 AM

My bad! I hadn't turned on 'Use element background colours'

#rookiemistake

This now makes sense 

:-/

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Thursday, 27 October 2016, 5:40 PM

Glad you figured it out. :)