Picture of Paul Steven
Adding a new page on server installed authoring tool causes tool to hang on loading animation
by Paul Steven - Thursday, 3 December 2015, 3:41 PM

I have installed the authoring tool on my desktop and a linux server. Both have installed fully in so much that I can fire up the authoring tool on both platforms and login.

On initial testing of the linux server version there appears to be a problem.

If I select "Add page", the thumbnail icon that appears is smaller than the one that appears on the desktop instance and almost appears grayed out. See attached grab.

When I double click to edit this page, I get a Loading animation appearing (see grab)

After several minutes this Loading animation is replaced with an error message saying "An error occured during the save". (See grab)

Any idea why I am getting this error? Perhaps something I have not done correctly in the install process? I am a total newbie with Linux server stuff so just guessed my way through installing it on the Linux server.

Picture of Paul Steven
Re: Adding a new page on server installed authoring tool causes tool to hang on loading animation
by Paul Steven - Thursday, 3 December 2015, 10:46 PM

[Addition]

In the putty console window, I get the following when I select Add Page or Add Section in Adapt Authoring Tool

error: [03 Dec 2015 17:38:47 -05:00] could not load extensions: Failed to determine user's tenant!

Picture of Paul Steven
Re: Adding a new page on server installed authoring tool causes tool to hang on loading animation
by Paul Steven - Friday, 4 December 2015, 10:59 AM

[RESOLVED]

Updated Node to v 0.10.33 and this appears to have fixed the issue

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Friday, 4 December 2015, 11:18 AM

Hi Paul,

The AT now also works with Node v4.2.2, so you can upgrade that as well.

Picture of Paul Steven
by Paul Steven - Friday, 4 December 2015, 3:29 PM

Unfortunately the issue does not appear to have been fully resolved.

And the same issue seems to have reappeared.

When I click on the Add Page or Add Section page, the following appears in the command window

error: [04 Dec 2015 10:18:32 -05:00] could not load extensions: Failed to determine user's tenant!

And the tool just gets stuck on a Loading Animation screen

Anyone know what could cause this error?

This is on the Ubuntu Linux install. I have added 3 additional users using Mongo shell - I could not get a Mongo GUI to connect

In case this is of any relevance this is how I created the new  users. I have just left them all with the same password for now for testing purposes

use adapt-tenant-master

var copy = db.users.findOne();

copy.email = 'paul@mydomain.com';

copy._id = new ObjectId();

db.users.insert(copy);

Picture of Paul Steven
by Paul Steven - Friday, 4 December 2015, 4:16 PM

Bah someone node had reverted back to v 0.10.25 which seems to be why it broke again.

I am totally new to all this Ubuntu side of things so not sure why it went back to this version.

Anyway upgraded it again and now it is 0.10.40 and touch wood seems to be working now

If anyone has any idea why it reverted back from 0.10.33 to 0.10.25 I would love to hear as I don't want this to happen again.

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Friday, 4 December 2015, 4:20 PM

Paul,

Assuming you're on the latest code you should be using Node.js v4.2.2 LTS.  Anything else is un-tested.  I've user using nvm or similar you might not have set a default.

Also, the tool is only a single-user system right now. 

Regards,

Brian

Picture of Paul Steven
by Paul Steven - Friday, 4 December 2015, 4:39 PM

Thank you Brian for your reply.

I was confused earlier when John said "The AT now also works with Node v4.2.2, so you can upgrade that as well."

Is this the same node that my system is reporting v0.10.40 - seems like a huge jump?

Typing node --version reports v0.10.40

If this should be reporting v4.2.2 can you give me a heads up on how to install this v4.2.2 version please.

I appreciate the system is single-user out of the box right now but was just trying some multi-user hack that was suggested on the forum.

Thanks

Paul

Picture of Paul Steven
by Paul Steven - Friday, 4 December 2015, 4:44 PM

Ah OK with a little help from Google I see it is as simple as typing

nvm install 4.2.2