Picture of Eric Rohrer
Vanilla theme modifications not passing through to preview
by Eric Rohrer - Tuesday, 15 December 2015, 7:01 AM

I've installed the Adapt Authoring tool locally on my Mac and have begun developing some simple courses (yay!). What I don't understand is

1. Where is my "adapt-contrib-vanilla" theme? There appears to be a folder titled "adapt-contrib-vanilla" deeply nested in the "adapt_authoring/temp" directory (specifically: adapt_authoring/temp/565e59b3c5bfafbf1c07682e/adapt_framework/src/theme), as well as one in the following directory: "adapt_authoring/plugins/content/bower/bowercache".
  2. Regardless of which one I edit, when I republish the course (in the authoring tool), the changes I made to the LESS files do not appear in the new preview of the course. Is there a step I'm missing or what am I doing wrong?
Picture of Brian Quinn
Re: Vanilla theme modifications not passing through to preview
by Brian Quinn - Tuesday, 15 December 2015, 10:05 AM

Hi Eric,

To answer your questions:

1. The working version of adapt-contrib-vanilla is in the temp folder.  The temp folder basically contains a checkout of the adapt_framework project which the authoring tool calls into in order to generate built courses.

2. You want to change the folder in the temp folder.  However, a "full rebuild" of the course is required.  There are several ways of triggering this in the authoring tool. You can re-select a menu or re-select a theme and click Save.  Or, update the Custom CSS/LESS in Project Settings, then hit Save.  The next time you hit "Preview" the framework will perform a build re-evaluating the code on disk (including your LESS files).

Hope this helps.

Brian

Picture of Vlad A
Re: Vanilla theme modifications not passing through to preview
by Vlad A - Thursday, 14 January 2016, 8:27 AM

Hi,

this works fine so thank yo Brian.

I am still having this problem though:  when I'm adding my own styles inside the authoring tool article editor they don't seem to compile from the less (html properly shows the added styles upon element inspection in browser).

how can I add my own style rules to the adapt.css ?