Picture of greg kodikara
Modifying Adapt
by greg kodikara - Monday, 4 January 2016, 3:30 AM

Hi all.

If I want to make a modification to some of the Adapt functionality - i.e. the existing routes and their output - how do I do so and have my changes take affect?

Currently I've made a bunch of changes and test changes to see if they'd work but they're not taking affect. Is there something I need to do (a command to run to recompile, etc) to have these changes work?

Thanks for any help.

Greg

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Modifying Adapt
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 4 January 2016, 10:38 AM

Are you using the Authoring Tool or the Framework?

Picture of greg kodikara
by greg kodikara - Monday, 4 January 2016, 12:59 PM

Hi Matt,

Sorry - I'm using the authoring tool. But would ideally like any changes I made to be able to apply to both - i.e. I'd like to add component types and possibly change the preview behaviour to not require authentication in some cases...

Picture of greg kodikara
by greg kodikara - Monday, 11 January 2016, 4:15 AM

Anyone?
Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 11 January 2016, 11:34 AM

I'm afraid I don't use the authoring tool so any help I can give is limited - but if you can give a bit more detail about what it is you're trying to do that would help people to help you.

Picture of greg kodikara
by greg kodikara - Monday, 11 January 2016, 1:24 PM

Hi Matt,

I'd just like to be able to add basic component variations - textarea's instead of input, etc. 

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 11 January 2016, 2:11 PM

From what I've heard from others on this forums, you'll find it easier to get all your changes working in the framework itself first as the process for getting a plugin updated in the authoring tool adds quite a bit of extra time.

This post provides a great summary of getting into working with Adapt