Picture of Max D'Argenio
Assessment scoring and partial completions
by Max D'Argenio - Monday, 4 January 2016, 7:22 AM

Hi All,

I've searched the technical discussion forum and couldn't find any reference to this issue, I hope you can help!

In testing an adapt course, learners have reported the assessment not scoring correctly.  It appears the trickle continue button fails to appear after answering a question.  This causes the learner to exit to the main menu (without completing the assessment) and then selecting the assessment once again to have another go.  This 2nd attempt at the assessment does not score correctly.  I have been able to reproduce this behaviour by purposely failing the first few questions, exiting to the menu, then going back in and getting them all correct.

I thought a hard reset would stop this behaviour?

Below is how I've configured the assessment.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

{
  "_id": "a10-0",
  "_parentId": "p45",
  "_type": "article",
  "_classes": "",
  "title": "ASSESSMENT",
  "displayTitle": "",
  "body": "",  
  "_assessment": {
   "_isEnabled": true,
   "_id": "a10-0",
   "_isPercentageBased": true,
   "_scoreToPass": 80,
   "_includeInTotalScore": true,
   "_assessmentWeight": 1,
   "_banks": {
    "_isEnabled": false,
    "_split": "2,1",
    "_randomisation": false
   },
   "_questions": {
    "_resetType": "hard",
    "_canShowFeedback": true,
    "_canShowMarking": true
   },
   "_isResetOnRevisit": true,
   "_attempts": "infinite"
  },
     "_trickle": {
   "_isEnabled": true
  }
 }

Indeed, any insights into the trickle issue would be appreciated too.  I've set

"_styleBeforeCompletion" = "visible",

"_styleAfterClick": "visible", and

"_autoHide": false

... but haven't as yet confirmed if this has fixed the original (Trickle) issue.

Thanks,

Max

Picture of John Niezen
Re: Assessment scoring and partial completions
by John Niezen - Monday, 4 January 2016, 10:22 AM

Hi Max,

Are you also using Spoor? That should store the question data. How do they enter the assesment? From an LMS? We do not use trickle for our courses, so I cannot comment at that.

Picture of Max D'Argenio
Re: Assessment scoring and partial completions
by Max D'Argenio - Tuesday, 5 January 2016, 12:15 AM

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply, yes, I'm using Spoor and Oracle iLearning (LMS).  I failed to mentioned I'm using v2 of the framework, so I authored using a text editor.

I might actually retract this post, as today, I'm not able to reproduce the issue.  It appears the selections made in previous attempts are retained.  To begin the assessment from scratch you either quit out of the course and start it again or click the retry button at the end and it all scores correctly.

Not sure what happened there, thanks for your help!

Regards,

Max