Picture of Igor Mendoza
How can I choose the best LMS?
by Igor Mendoza - Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 11:25 PM

I'm trying to find a good LMS platform for manage the education of my employees. Does anyone know a good platform that i can customize and adjust to my needs?

Picture of Pascal Laliberté
Re: How can I choose the best LMS?
by Pascal Laliberté - Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 2:24 AM

Hi Igor,

A Wordpress-based LMS should give you a nice start and allow you to customize the look and allow you to host courses using a few plugins:

- Grassblade xAPI Companion (paid): this will allow you to upload and link to some courses built in Storyline, Captivate, and when there's going to be a good xAPI plugin for Adapt, you will be able to use courses made in Adapt also (there may be a suitable plugin already)

- Learndash (paid): if those course creation tools aren't available for you, Learndash is a plugin that lets you create courses right from within Wordpress.

We use both Grassblade and Learndash on our Wordpress-based LMS where I work, at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Ottawa. It got us a good, flexible LMS and our learners benefit from a simple way to get to their courses.

Hope that helps,

Pascal Laliberté

http://pascallaliberte.me

Picture of Igor Mendoza
by Igor Mendoza - Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 2:30 PM

Thank you very much, Pascal.

Very complete answer, i will check your recomendations.

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 8:05 AM

Hi Igor,

Have you looked at Moodle, Sakai or OLAT? There are other systems but these we reviewed based on features, and at the moment we work with Moodle.

Picture of Igor Mendoza
by Igor Mendoza - Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 2:34 PM

Hi John. 

Yes, i've seen Moodle before. I'll take a look to Sakai and OLAT.

Thank you very much.  

Picture of Andy Das
by Andy Das - Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 5:14 PM

Hey Igor, 

If you have taken it upon yourself on finding the best LMS, let me share a guide on "How to choose the best LMS".
"How to choose the Best LMS"

And if you are looking at an LMS which can be customized the way you wish, then you can always opt for 
Paradiso LMS
L
et me list out some of the striking features which you may be interested in. (now that you mentioned employees I am assuming you are a corporate. :) if its different do let know.)

Hope this helps, again, if you give your exact requirement, maybe we can help you better.

Picture of Igor Mendoza
by Igor Mendoza - Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 9:27 PM

Thank you, Andy.

I've found Paradiso really interesting. I will call you to get more information.  

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
by Chuck Lorenz - Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 5:47 PM

Here's some other info from the Responsive eLearning forum:
https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=849