Picture of Simon Date
Double Accordion Component
by Simon Date - Friday, 22 January 2016, 3:57 PM

Hi,

I've been spending time this week creating a Component that I've been thinking would be a useful addition for a while now, behold the Double Accordion.

The idea originated after noticing that designers at Kineo were using a combination of Article Reveals in combination with Accordions to a large amount of content that had a connection to each other, Article Reveals were placed next to each other and given titles to mock the idea that they were directly related to each other. I thought it would make sense to extend the functionality of the Accordion as it currently to allow for secondary tiers accordions to exist with in the parent accordion.

The component supports all the standard functionality of the regular component but also has a _child attribute that allows for a child accordion to exist within the accordion tab. Child tabs can all have their own title, body text and even their own graphic too!

The Component fully supports full and half width views; Page Level Progress, all children tabs are required to be visited; as well as having 'visited' and 'selected' states for both the parent and children tabs.

Please give the Component a try and tell my any work that you would like seen made to it. 

Picture of Paul Steven
Re: Double Accordion Component
by Paul Steven - Friday, 22 January 2016, 4:56 PM

Hi Simon

When I installed this in the authoring tool and it all seemed to work fine but when I went to preview I got the following error 

Uncaught The component '56a25df9cda0e4043e126569' ('doubleaccordion') has not been installed, and so is not available in your project.

However I then forced it to rebuild by selecting the theme again and saving and it all seems to be working well.

Picture of Simon Date
by Simon Date - Friday, 22 January 2016, 5:23 PM

Hi Paul,

I haven't had a chance to test it with the Authoring Tool yet. I only use the Framework myself. I'll try and look into it on Monday.

Picture of Paul Steven
by Paul Steven - Friday, 22 January 2016, 5:35 PM

Hi Simon

Apart from that minor glitch why could well just be specific to me it all looks and works great from my initial tests in the authoring tool.

I think it would be a really useful addition to the available components.

Paul