Picture of Sandra Neubauer
Show feedback not working
by Sandra Neubauer - Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 3:51 PM

Hi,

I tried two different assessment components in the authoring tool: slider and multiple choice. Both show the checkmark if an answer is correct, but the "show feedback" button does not work. Also it does not put an overlay feedback as it does in the adapt sample course.

The components are on a page together with different other components if that matters.

Thanks,

Sandra

Picture of Helen Bailey
Re: Show feedback not working
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 4:21 PM

Two things you need to do.

1. In configuration settings, enable Tutor (set to True) to turn on the popup feedback.(You might need to enable it in Manage Extensions first if you haven't already)

2. In the Article with your questions in, click the cog for settings, scroll right down and under Extensions click on Assessment. Look for the setting "Show Feedback" and set it to true.

Helen

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 4:38 PM

Equally you need to have ensured you have specified appropriate feedback for the question components

As Helen mentions, if your question components are within an assessment article you need to make sure the assessment article configuration is set to allow feedback for questions within the assessment.

Picture of Sandra Neubauer
by Sandra Neubauer - Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 4:53 PM

Thanks, this did the trick!

I had neither the Assessment extension nor the Tutor enabled.

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 5:08 PM

You live and learn! Once you've sussed something out it sticks but it can sometimes take a bit of detective work to get things set up right.

That's why this community is so awesome - everyone is on hand to help you do that detective work!

Helen

Picture of Ben Simons
by Ben Simons - Thursday, 3 March 2016, 3:49 PM

Hi guys,

Same kind of question but opposite, how do I turn them off? 

I however am not using the authoring tool, I am using the framework and I couldn't find any enable tutor in the config, and the component is not in a assessment, it is just a quick question in the middle of the course.

Kind Regards

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Tuesday, 19 January 2021, 12:00 AM

Hi there, is this still applicable? I have the same issue, but cannot find any "Tutor" setting.

I have "Display Model Answer" selected at question level.

This is for a multiple question component inside a page.

Thanks for any help here!

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Tuesday, 19 January 2021, 1:03 AM

Hi guys, problem solved. For those having this issue, you need to add the "Tutor" plugin under "Manage extensions". It seems this is not installed by default in the authoring tool (at least for me it wasn't).