Picture of Simon Ray
Reporting to LMS
by Simon Ray - Wednesday, 24 February 2016, 1:21 AM

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if assessment questions (such mcq's, text fields etc) can report back to the LMS individually so you can report on responses?

We're using Totara and have a course that contains a significant number of assessment questions and another one about to be developed (both in Adapt).  We'd like to be able to see if:

1. how the questions are being answered to ensure they are effective
  2. collect the text responses in the new course to build upon the content

Cheers

Simon

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Reporting to LMS
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 24 February 2016, 10:18 AM

Hi Simon

This was added in v2.0.5 of spoor. You'll also need v2.0.4 (or higher) of the framework as well as versions of the question components that have support for this (all core components support this their latest versions).

Picture of Simon Ray
by Simon Ray - Thursday, 25 February 2016, 4:16 AM

Thanks Matt

How easy would it be to retro an existing course (built by Kineo in the Framework (v0.0.1)) to allow that functionality?

Simon

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Thursday, 25 February 2016, 6:34 PM

Hi Simon,

It would either be an upgrade of the course to the latest framework or a custom modification to include the needed pieces. The first option would be best for future proofing but it depends how custom the original course was and the weight of effort in either direction. 

One question could help: Where did your quoted version number come from? 0.0.1 could be a 1.0.1 with an out of date package.json or it could be Adapt pre-opensource. The further back in time the more effort it is to upgrade over customise.

I hope that helps a bit,

Ollie, Kineo.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 26 February 2016, 10:30 AM

Hi Simon

If you'd like me to get someone from the Kineo project team to get in touch regarding this - please just let me know.

Picture of Simon Ray
by Simon Ray - Sunday, 28 February 2016, 9:59 PM

Thanks Matt & Oliver

We'll be having a meeting with the Kineo team in Sydney next week, so I'll raise it there.

Simon