Picture of Henrik Aabom
Edit imsmanifest in Authoring tool?
by Henrik Aabom - Wednesday, 24 February 2016, 8:22 AM

Hi all

I was wondering if there is a way to change the manifest and organization identifiers through the authoring tool?

A search for the topic in here didn't give me any answers, so now I'm trying to ask the qwuestion myself :)

I don't seem to be able to find a way to change these ID's in the authoring tool. The Spoor extension does not give the possibility to change them. Am I missing something, or isn't it possible to set these ID's inside the authoring tool?

On the GitHub page for Spoor, it says that you can change the ID's in the imsmanifest file before building. This way you don't have to change the ID's every time you build. Am I right in thinking that this is not possible in the autheroing tool, and that I have to change the ID's in the published .zip-file every time I publish?

Thanky you very much in advance :)

Picture of Brian Quinn
Re: Edit imsmanifest in Authoring tool?
by Brian Quinn - Wednesday, 24 February 2016, 9:30 AM

Hi Henrik,

In the next version of the authoring tool and framework we're actually adding support for setting the title and description in the imsmanifest.xml file.  The title will be taken from the course title, and description will be a new property added to the course.

If there's something else you think we should allow customisation of please submit a new issue on GitHub here: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/issues/new

Regards,

Brian

Picture of Henrik Aabom
Re: Edit imsmanifest in Authoring tool?
by Henrik Aabom - Thursday, 25 February 2016, 8:57 AM

Thank you Brian

I will do that.