Picture of Darrin Quesenberry
Can someone share their Theme with me please?
by Darrin Quesenberry - Thursday, 25 February 2016, 6:44 PM

I currently only have the "vanilla" theme and what I am reading is you cannot edit it. I really would like to change the colors etc. Can someone share a theme with me that I can edit or tell me where I can find one? 

Thanks,

Darrin

Picture of Ryan Lehmann
Re: Can someone share their Theme with me please?
by Ryan Lehmann - Thursday, 25 February 2016, 8:24 PM

Hi Darrin, 

There are some instructions on modifying the vanilla theme to create your own here: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/wiki/Modifying-the-Vanilla-Theme#updating-your-theme

Important note: Every time you upload a new version of your theme, you must go into "Theme Picker" and save your theme selection. Every time. This triggers a full rebuild. Otherwise, you won't see the changes you've made.

Hope that helps.

Ryan

by Darrin Quesenberry - Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 3:29 PM

Thanks Ryan.

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Wednesday, 2 March 2016, 10:18 AM

Hi Darrin,

Note that Ryan's instructions are for use with the authoring tool (you don't mention whether you're using this or not).

I'm curious as to where you read that the vanilla theme wasn't editable - we spent quite some time last year refactoring it so that it was more accessible to those looking to use it as a base for their own themes.

slightly off-topic: if anyone's feeling generous, please do register your theme on the Adapt bower repository, so that others can find and use it from the Adapt CLI and plugin browser page. We have a disappointing number of themes on there at the moment (2) - would love to see some more!

by Darrin Quesenberry - Tuesday, 8 March 2016, 9:12 PM

I am using the Authoring Tool. I searched for the folder and I do not have that folder. I attached a screen shot of my adapt_authoring folder. Am I doing something wrong? When I am inside the tool, I cannot make changes to the Vanilla theme. 

by Darrin Quesenberry - Wednesday, 9 March 2016, 7:27 PM

Tom- I figured this out. So I had to download the "vanilla theme" zip file because I couldn't find my Adapt directory.... not sure what I did wrong. I was able to modify the vanilla theme and upload it. 

Thanks! 

Picture of Dan Jonsson
by Dan Jonsson - Thursday, 10 March 2016, 12:52 PM

Here is at least one more theme to download!

https://www.adaptlearning.org/index.php/plugin-browser/

Danne