Picture of Eric Kuhn
Example courses to load?
by Eric Kuhn - Friday, 26 February 2016, 1:52 PM

Hello, 

First time post so apologies if this has been covered. I just installed the framework and authoring tool to begin some evaluation, and am wondering if there are example courses that i can load to see how they are structured/built. I like the examples that i have seen on the adapt showcase, and it would be helpful to see how they were built rather than just starting out with a blank project. 

Thanks in advance

Eric

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Example courses to load?
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 3 March 2016, 9:47 AM

Hi Eric

Sorry for the slow response.

I don't believe there are at the moment - at least in the framework there's just the one that comes with it when you download it, I'm not so sure about the authoring tool.

This is a good idea though and I will put it to the community as something we should do.

Picture of Eric Kuhn
by Eric Kuhn - Thursday, 3 March 2016, 5:07 PM

Thanks, 

I also did some more reading about the ability to import/export projects, and see that it isn't available yet but planned. Is there a time frame for being able to do that.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 3 March 2016, 7:57 PM

Export was added in the most recent release of the AT.

Import is very much on the roadmap but I believe considerably more complex.

As this is a open source project that relies on peoples' donated time we generally don't give timescales as it's too easy to miss them!

Picture of Eric Kuhn
by Eric Kuhn - Friday, 4 March 2016, 5:19 PM

Good to know, thanks. 

And i did discover the ability to copy an existing course within the Authoring tool (which is more important in long run, to enable reuse of structures). 

The more I learn about the tool the more i like.