Picture of jim nielsen
vt-x/amd-V hardware acceleration...fail
by jim nielsen - Wednesday, 2 March 2016, 5:25 AM

The whole message is:

VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system.Your 64 bit guest will fail to detect a  64 bit CPU and will not be able to boot.

I am installing adapt learning authoring using vagrant and virtual box.

I need step by step instructions as to what to do and where to post to get help.  I am using a windows 10 machine..  I understand the Vrtual box is failing to boot.  That is all I know.

Picture of Mathew Gancarz
Re: vt-x/amd-V hardware acceleration...fail
by Mathew Gancarz - Wednesday, 2 March 2016, 5:26 PM

Hi Jim, VT-X and AMD-V are features of the Processor in your computer that allow it to run virtual machines. If you don't have them, you can't run vagrant/virtual box.

Do you know the model of processor in your computer? It's possible they are just disabled for some reason, or if it's a cheaper processor, they may simply not exist in your processor, in which case you will have to use another method that does not use vagrant/virtual box or another computer that can support those.

Picture of jim nielsen
Re: vt-x/amd-V hardware acceleration...fail
by jim nielsen - Wednesday, 2 March 2016, 7:17 PM

I am thankful for the reply. I eventually found a post that offered similar advice and the machine send to have booted properly. I am not quite sure what I'm doing yet but at least I'm ready!

Thank you