Picture of R LetItHappen
Authoring tool - Build stopped working after plugin upload. TypeError: Path must be a string. Received undefined - Task "server-build:prod" not found
by R LetItHappen - Thursday, 3 March 2016, 3:01 PM

In the last month working with adapt, this is the second time I get this error after uploading a new Menu to adapt. The upload was ok, but after I applied it to my course I start getting a build error (check the screenshot):

error: [03 Mar 2016 15:00:34 +00:00] stdout error: Loading "Gruntfile.js" tasks.
..ERROR
>> TypeError: Path must be a string. Received undefined

Warning: Task "server-build:dev" not found. Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.

Even when I select the default menu (box) the build is not done anymore. Last time I had to reinstall adapt and lose my course, but now I have a mongo db backup and the adapt directories backup.

But before I do it again, maybe some of you have an easier solution to solve it and a clue to understand what is happening.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Picture of R LetItHappen
Re: Authoring tool - Build stopped working after plugin upload. TypeError: Path must be a string. Received undefined - Task "server-build:prod" not found
by R LetItHappen - Friday, 4 March 2016, 12:33 PM

Any clue?

Do I really need to reinstall Adapt when this kind of error starts to happen?

To reinstall the only way is to clone again the adapt authoring project or is there a way to revert my current project to original or some other kind of fix?

Thank you again for any help you may provide.

Picture of Tom Taylor
Re: Authoring tool - Build stopped working after plugin upload. TypeError: Path must be a string. Received undefined - Task "server-build:prod" not found
by Tom Taylor - Friday, 4 March 2016, 1:19 PM

Hi Rui,

Apologies that you've not had any responses thus far.

What version of the authoring tool/framework are you running?

Picture of R LetItHappen
by R LetItHappen - Friday, 4 March 2016, 2:05 PM

Hi Tom.

I have the more recent, I think:

Adapt authoring tool v0.1.5
Adapt Framework v2.0.7

Made the upgrade some weeks ago with no problems. But is the second time I'm getting this error. On the first one I solved it cloning again the authoring tool (and losing my test course). Even if I have to do it again I was hoping to understand the origin of this error and if I may prevent it.

Picture of R LetItHappen
by R LetItHappen - Friday, 4 March 2016, 2:51 PM

One thing I found is if I delete the directories of the menu plugins from "C:\Adapt\adapt_authoring\temp\56cb37ad172613280cc8d334\adapt_framework\src\menu" I stop getting that error.

Maybe something is wrong on the Does grunt check all menu types even if we don´t use it?

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Friday, 4 March 2016, 3:58 PM

Your symptoms sound similar to those linked to this issue (which has now been fixed, but is as-yet unreleased).

We're hoping to put a release out on Monday, but you can try dropping in the latest version of the helpers.js file (in the grunt folder) to your authoring tool's temp folder (/temp/MASTER_TENANT_ID/adapt_framework/grunt/helpers.js).

Picture of R LetItHappen
by R LetItHappen - Friday, 4 March 2016, 4:20 PM

I tried the new helper.js and the result was an error with "Unexpected token >"

I will wait for the new release. In the meantime to solve my issue I will delete the Menu type which I know now is causing this problems and keep my course safe.

Next week I will try again.

Thanks.

Picture of rahul bhandari
by rahul bhandari - Thursday, 31 March 2016, 5:45 AM

Hi Tom,

Same issue i am also facing , kindly let me know the release date . we will be using framework in our company asap. after node upgrade.js and grunt build:prod ,doesn't work for me. Issue occur after adding the new theme via plugin management. Kindly let me know is there any workaround otherwise i need to reinstall the authoring tool.