Picture of Jorge Leon
Maybe an obvious question about SCORM
by Jorge Leon - Thursday, 3 March 2016, 4:35 PM

Hi.

I'm new to Adapt. After struggling through the installation process i finally made Adapt Authoring Tool work in Windows 10 using the manual method. Now, when it comes to what i thought was the easy part, i feel like i'm missing something obvious.

My goal is to create content that can be uploaded to a Moodle activity via SCORM packages. I created a new course through the Adapt web interface with some basic elements just to try out.

When i click "Download" should it give me a SCORM compliant zip file (with the .xml file and so)? Because it isn't doing it. Do i need to install something else to be able to export to SCORM?

Also, when i decompress the zip file it gives me and open index.html what i see is a blank page, it doesn't show me what i see in the Adapt interface preview.

This may seem obvious, but after reading for hours this forum i have not found something related, so it may be just me that i'm using the tool to achieve something it doesn't do.

Picture of R LetItHappen
Re: Maybe an obvious question about SCORM
by R LetItHappen - Thursday, 3 March 2016, 4:50 PM

Hi Jorge.

You need to add the SPOOR plugin to your course. Use the "Manage Extensions" menu.

Hope it helps,

Rui S

Picture of Ryan Lehmann
by Ryan Lehmann - Thursday, 3 March 2016, 5:20 PM

Yes, you need to enable the Spoor plug-in as Rui points out.  Once you do that, there are also some Spoor settings you may want to play around with in the Configuration Settings page.

The downloaded zip will only load in Firefox if you're running it from the local file system.  To get it to work in ALL browsers, it must be hosted on a web server (in most cases, this would be your LMS, but it can also run in a standard web server like Apache).  

Cheers,

Ryan

Picture of Dan Gray
by Dan Gray - Thursday, 3 March 2016, 5:18 PM

Hi Jorge

Are you opening the index.html from file system? I don't think the framework loads that well when viewed in the browser from "file:///{your path}". Could you upload to a server (or moodle once you get SPOOR enabled) and test.