Picture of Jonathan Hollingsworth
Scorm 1.2 Compliance Questions
by Jonathan Hollingsworth - Monday, 14 March 2016, 11:45 PM

Hello,

I've got a couple of quick questions, if that's okay?

The Scorm Shareable Content Object reference Model v1.2 spec, regarding handling lists (section 3.4.3) states 'The only time an index number may be omitted is when there is only one member in a list'

This condition actually makes the condition handling and model management pretty frustrating.  Can you confirm that Adapt content will also send n=0 if it is the only element?  E.g. cmi.objectives.0.id  as opposed to cmi.objectives.id

Secondly, while testing a course authored in Adapt, I noticed it was trying to set cmi.core.total_time which is marked in the spec as a Read-Only element for the SCO.  I'm currently rejecting the LMSSetValue request for this - but will this catch me out later?

Many thanks,

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Scorm 1.2 Compliance Questions
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 15 March 2016, 10:16 AM

Can you confirm that Adapt content will also send n=0 if it is the only element?  E.g. cmi.objectives.0.id  as opposed to cmi.objectives.id

That's correct. Specifically you can see that happening here.

it was trying to set cmi.core.total_time

Adapt (out of the box) definitely does not try to set this - as you say, it's read-only. Adapt will only try to set session_time. Perhaps this was added as a customisation to the course you are testing?