Picture of Helen Bailey
Responsive iFrame jumping/stealing focus?
by Helen Bailey - Thursday, 17 March 2016, 6:30 PM

I have a responsive iframe (Learning Pool's one) linking to a local .html file that contains a html5 simulation from Captivate.

When I preview the course and go to the page containing it, the page immediately jumps down to the article with the video in. Trickle isn't activated in my course.

Is the iframe grabbing focus somehow?

I have version 1.0.0 of the plugin.

TIA!

i have a responsive iframe with the video as a URL linkand when i go to that page it jumps down to the article with the video in. And Trickle isn't activatedah sorry it isnt a video in the iframe it's a .html file that contains a html5 simulation
hmaffin 18:24is the iframe grabbing focus somehow?it could be that i still have 0.0.2 when 1.0.0 is out.....nope, updated and still happensi'll post in the forum...

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Responsive iFrame jumping/stealing focus?
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 17 March 2016, 7:35 PM

Hi Helen

You can run document.activeElement in the console to find out what it was that grabbed focus... that might give you a bit of a lead on what's going on i.e. is it the iframe component that's grabbing focus, something inside the content that is loaded into the iframe, or something in Adapt?

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Friday, 18 March 2016, 9:37 AM

Very useful to know that Matt, thanks! I will take a look.

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Friday, 18 March 2016, 9:48 AM

It stopped on my Pinterest extension when I first tried that!! But I disabled the pinterest extension and now it's showing :

<iframe scrolling="no" class="responsiveIframe-iframe" src="course/en/primaryval/index.html" data-height-large="687" data-height-medium="627" data-height-small="415" data-width-large="1024" data-width-medium="768" data-width-small="360" kwframeid="1" style="width: 1024px; height: 687px;">
</iframe>

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Friday, 18 March 2016, 10:00 AM

OK after trying a basic webpage link in the iframe that works fine so it's the Captivate content that is grabbing focus.

Time to work out why!!

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Friday, 18 March 2016, 10:43 AM

SOLVED!!

It was the Autoplay setting in Captivate 8's publish settings. If I disabled it so the user had to click play to start the simulation, it stole focus. Enabling auto-play fixes the stealing focus problem!