Picture of Jack Ward
Making plugins available to tenant on Authoring tool
by Jack Ward - Wednesday, 23 March 2016, 10:26 AM

Hi guys,

We're looking to use Adapt Author as our main production tool for content in the future and want to contribute to the cause too.

We're trying to make use of existing plugins out there to see what is possible in the author. I'm using the usual command of 'adapt install plugin-name' to install the plugin and can see that it appears in the main 'src' folder for the author however the master tenant doesn't seem to have a copy of the plugin. Am I being stupid or is there a simple way (other than uploading the GitHub package directly via the upload function) to get the plugin to show for the master tenant as well.

Picture of Jack Ward
Re: Making plugins available to tenant on Authoring tool
by Jack Ward - Thursday, 24 March 2016, 6:51 PM

Okay I understand now that some existing plugins don't have properties schema file required by the author for customisation. So presumably, if I can create one for a plugin it should import correctly into the author. Correct?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 24 March 2016, 7:47 PM

Yes, that's right - you can find documentation about the properties.schema files here. And looking at/copying from existing examples is obviously very helpful too.

And, as you may well have already figured out, the process for installing plugins in the authoring tool is different, instructions are here (last paragraph).

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 6 April 2016, 11:08 AM

Hi Jack,

I've done a lot of work looking at what is and isn't compatible so far with the AT - so if you need any help get in touch :)

Helen