Picture of Arend Raifsnider
Narrative navigation in v2.0.8
by Arend Raifsnider - Thursday, 31 March 2016, 6:06 PM

Hi,

I noticed that v2.0.8 of the framework allows the navigation buttons to be placed in the text area rather than the image. However, when I set _hasNavigationInTextArea to false the buttons don't seem to display correctly on my image. They seem to be positioned incorrectly. The hotspot appears in the correct place, but the left and right arrows seem to be out of alignment.

Has anyone else had this issue? Wondering if it's an adjustment I might have made locally or if there's a glitch here.

Thanks,

Arend

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Narrative navigation in v2.0.8
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 31 March 2016, 7:13 PM

Hi Arend

Actually this feature has been around - I think - since v2.0.0 of the narrative component - but it doesn't get used much so perhaps you just haven't spotted it until now? Personally I quite like this variant - on the basis that your mouse is generally quite close to whatever you're reading, so the buttons will be closer to the mouse pointer.

I've given this a quick test using the latest out-of-the-box version of the framework and the narrative component and it seems fine to me when _hasNavigationInTextArea is false.

If I set it to true there's a minor issue in that the unselected progress indicators aren't visible, but that's just because they are set to use the same colour as the background colour of the narrative-content <div> - which is easily fixed by changing their colour to a contrasting one.

Picture of Arend Raifsnider
Re: Narrative navigation in v2.0.8
by Arend Raifsnider - Thursday, 31 March 2016, 7:53 PM

Hi Matt. 

I was going off the documentation, which seemed to indicate it was a new feature. I must have done something to throw those nav buttons off, but I'm sure I can use the text area buttons. I also get the unselected indicator issue, but I'll try to tweak my theme colors.

Thanks,

Arend