Picture of Jack Ward
Can anyone recommened a way to get additional images into a course in the author to be referenced via CSS
by Jack Ward - Monday, 4 April 2016, 9:43 AM

Hi,

Looking to add additional images into a course so that I can, for example, set the background image of the article header to said image. In the same way someone, simply using the framework, would add additional images to the assets folder to then reference them in the CSS of the course.

Anyone got any tips for doing this or is this in the author something I should generate a plugin in order to complete?

Picture of Paul Steven
Re: Can anyone recommened a way to get additional images into a course in the author to be referenced via CSS
by Paul Steven - Tuesday, 5 April 2016, 4:22 PM

You could host the images elsewhere and put the full path to the images in your CSS.

Picture of Jack Ward
Re: Can anyone recommened a way to get additional images into a course in the author to be referenced via CSS
by Jack Ward - Thursday, 7 April 2016, 3:11 PM

Decent suggestion but from experience I wouldn't feel comfortable on relying on a third-party service or the long-term strength of designing something in-house to last for a number of years.

Also some clients often have restrictions on what web addresses are permitted through their proxy/local intranet so it wouldn't be appropriate for us as we have nearly 500 courses to maintain as well and if that didn't work for a specific user it would be a nightmare to potentially update all 500 for missing images.

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Thursday, 7 April 2016, 5:24 PM

Base64 encode and put straight into your CSS?

try here