Picture of Dean Wilson
Framework install on Mac - incompatible plugins
by Dean Wilson - Friday, 8 April 2016, 10:38 AM

Hello.

I have the latest version of Adapt (2.0.2) according to the terminal, but when I come to use "install adapt" it tells me that: "The plugin adapt-contrib-vanilla.is not compatible with this version of Adapt. Installing it may cause unexpected behaviour. Confirm Install this plugin anyway?  (n) "

If I say yes (to install anyway), it proceeds to tell me the same warning about a dozen other plugins. When I come to use "grunt server", I'm met with a completely blank page. This doesn't make sense to me because the plugins are the default, and the Adapt version is the most recent.

Once again, would really appreciate your assistance. 

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Framework install on Mac - incompatible plugins
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 8 April 2016, 11:05 AM

Hi Dean

The version number you get if you do $ adapt -v is the version of the Adapt CLI, not the Framework.

The Framework version number can be found in package.json

Picture of Dean Wilson
by Dean Wilson - Friday, 8 April 2016, 11:09 AM

Thanks Matt.

The package.json file says version 2.0.8

Picture of Sam Tsiu
by Sam Tsiu - Friday, 8 April 2016, 11:39 AM

Hi Dean

are you trying to do a fresh install of the framework? if so you can follow the procedures on the framework wiki page. It is very detailed.

In short, make sure you have Node, Git, grunt-cli and adapt-cli installed globally on your Mac before you install the framework.

To install the framework, just run:

adapt create course

Then follow the on-screen instructions, basically just hit enter to install the framework and all the packed plugins with a sample course.

When the installation is done, you can cd into the project directory and run grunt build then grunt server to check the sample course.

Cheers

Sam

Picture of Dean Wilson
by Dean Wilson - Friday, 8 April 2016, 12:05 PM

Thank you, Sam. That's worked. I missed a step somewhere there.

Picture of Sam Tsiu
by Sam Tsiu - Saturday, 9 April 2016, 1:35 AM

I'm glad it is of help. We all have gone through the same route, you'll get there I'm sure.

Cheers

Sam