Picture of Markus Dan
Remove assets from Asset Manager permanently
by Markus Dan - Tuesday, 12 April 2016, 8:37 AM

Hi,

hope it's a short question: How do I remove assets from Authoring Tool Asset Manager permanently?

Do I have to delete them in the mongo db?

Thanks!

Picture of nigel delgaudio
Re: Remove assets from Asset Manager permanently
by nigel delgaudio - Wednesday, 13 April 2016, 7:59 AM

This would be useful to know. My team's asset manager is becoming quite cluttered, despite correct tagging.

Picture of Muhammad Daniel
by Muhammad Daniel - Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 8:44 AM

Hi Nigel, I'm trying to use an ftp server as you do for images and wonder if I could ask you for a bit of help? I have it running (sftpserver on macOS) but can't work out what to put in the external link in Adapt to get the asset to show. Also, when you say you have to change the path once downloaded to framework do you mean for every asset?

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Wednesday, 13 April 2016, 9:58 AM

As you're probably aware, there's only a 'soft-delete' feature available at the moment. The reason for this being that we wanted to guard against deleting shared assets (i.e. those being used in other courses). One solution that was proposed was to set up some kind of CRON-type process manager which can sweep the database for deleted assets (with no associated courses) and remove them.

For the time-being, permanently deleting an asset involves the following:

- Removing the file from /data/TENANT/assets/ - you can find the path for your asset by querying the assets collection in the DB, and finding the path attribute

- Removing the entry in the assets collection in the DB

- Removing all matching asset records in the courseassets collection

Picture of Dawn Barker
by Dawn Barker - Friday, 29 December 2017, 3:58 PM

Hi Tom,

I'm quite new with Learning Pool, and am not sure how to find the /data/TENANT/assets/ you refer to - would you be able to provide a step-by-step please, to remove an asset? I am afraid I've put in some wrong images by mistake and would like to remove them. 

Or alternately, can you tell me how to do the 'soft-delete' please? I can't seem to see how to anywhere. Thanks!