Picture of Helen Bailey
Browser and evice support - unlimited?
by Helen Bailey - Thursday, 28 April 2016, 5:18 PM

Do we have somewhere an officially supported browser/device list, for use when I promise where my course will work, and/or is there a set of requirements the setup must follow?

i.e if i say :

"Compatible with all versions of browsers on any device in portrait OR landscape, at ANY size... !!!!"

...I will probably get found out by someone using Ubblysnuf browser on the Comlipperton OS on a Raspberry Infinity Pro Plus tablet with a 200x300 size screen. Or IE6.

SO what can I comfortably quote as my requirements/recommendations for where my published course should work without bother (in it's standard form of course - i.e unlesss you've done something stupid with your setup or haven't turned your monitor on).

Thanks all!

Helen

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Browser and evice support - unlimited?
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 28 April 2016, 10:50 PM

At the bottom of the README page for each of the core plugins is a list of all the supported browsers (all the core components are required to support the same browsers so pick whichever).

If you're using community plugins you'll need to check what they were built to support.

Although IE8/9/10 are still officially supported by Adapt; they're not officially supported by Microsoft* any more - so I would avoid saying you support them if you can, especially IE8.

You definitely don't want to support the Ubblysnuff browser, it's buggy as hell.

* I think IE9 and 10 might be supported on Vista and Windows Server something-or-other still

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Friday, 29 April 2016, 8:03 AM

Ah that's super helpful. I'll use those as my supported list then.

Shame about Ubblysnuff - I like the way it giggles when you refresh it. 

Thanks Matt!

me
by Sven Laux - Friday, 29 April 2016, 10:22 AM

Hi Helen,

Have you seen the system spec page and specification document? This might help - it's a little more detailed.

Sven

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Friday, 29 April 2016, 10:27 AM

Ah wonderful! That's also very helpful.

Still no Ubblysnuff though.... shame.

Thanks Sven *wave*