Picture of Ioannis Dourvas
Gamification
by Ioannis Dourvas - Thursday, 5 May 2016, 9:51 AM

Hello there.

I want to use adapt tool to develop courses inspired by the gamification design. Is that possible with adapt? i would want to keep scores, give away badges, certifications and so on.

Is there a paradigm course that have been developed with that principles?

do i have to be a code expert to manage this?

Picture of Helen Bailey
Re: Gamification
by Helen Bailey - Thursday, 5 May 2016, 10:05 AM

That would be done in conjunction with your LMS - if you can develop games to go in your course then you can pass scores out to your LMS and deliver certificates, badges etc.

Take a look at http://www.evolveauthoring.com/ too - they have some great gamification tools.

Picture of Mathew Gancarz
by Mathew Gancarz - Thursday, 5 May 2016, 5:30 PM

I would second looking at Evolve, Daryl has built a great set of tools in it alongside a lightweight LMS that has the badging and gamification features you are contemplating.

Picture of Ioannis Dourvas
by Ioannis Dourvas - Saturday, 7 May 2016, 5:51 AM

Thank you both for the tip.

It is true that evolve looks very promising. I was looking for something exacly like that. But something seems to be strange about that platform. Are they all new and it is not finished yet? I am asking becouse i signed up for a free account (in order to test all that features) 24 hours ago and i am still waiting for log in information. There is no login section visible in the site. Shall i wait and how much? i have a dead line to evaluate and make proposition regarding authoring tools with gamefication characteristics.

Any alternative advice?

me
by Sven Laux - Saturday, 7 May 2016, 6:46 AM

Hi Loannis,

It's certainly worth waiting and including Evolve in your evaluation.

Best regards,
Sven