me
Adapt Learning Webinars
by Sven Laux - Friday, 14 February 2014, 12:58 PM

Hi,

we have been pondering over setting up regular webinars for Adapt Learning in order to further support and engage the community.

As part of this, we are now aiming for running two short webinars per month, where possible in fortnightly intervals. These sessions will be kept short and we'd also like to build up a resource of recordings for those who can't attend.

The topics we have suggested are:

• Aimed at the community in general
    • Project background and vision (what are we doing and why)
    • Onboarding collaborators (for anyone interested to join the core team)
    • Collaborator showcases (i.e. examples of what collaborators do with Adapt)
    • Community project showcases (maybe for slightly later on - we're keen to see how you use Adapt. If you are up for showcasing this on a webinar we'd love to hear for you!)
    • Open source matters (what it means for you, benefits, making open source work for you etc)
  • Developer audience
    • Setting up your development environment
    • Getting started with Adapt
    • Building a new component / modifying an existing component
    • Introduction to rating themes
    • Advanced theming
    • Our standards and processes
  • Learning Designer / Content Creator audience
    • Introduction to the framework
    • Designing responsive learning with Adapt

For reference, the upcoming webinars in February 2014 are listed here: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=134

Any comments and questions welcome.
Sven

Picture of Nicola Bamford
Re: Adapt Learning Webinars
by Nicola Bamford - Friday, 14 February 2014, 1:49 PM

Will the webinars be available anywhere after the session, Sven?

Also, will there be more designer-based ones on how we can use Adapt to meet current learning trends (e.g. personalised learning, social learning, gamification). If so, it would be great to get involved.

Picture of Joseph Replin
by Joseph Replin - Friday, 14 February 2014, 2:31 PM

I believe it would be beneficial for previous sessions to be available for viewing on the community site, especially for your more global members of the community. 

Looking forward to attending this month!

Picture of Daryl Hedley
by Daryl Hedley - Friday, 14 February 2014, 2:33 PM

Hey Nicola,

The webinars will be put onto the Adapt youtube channel for future reference. I feel things like personalised learning and gamification would be up to companies to add/talk about. We have also thought about allowing companies/individuals to talk in the webinars about their experience of using Adapt. This would give the community a chance to see what people are doing with Adapt.

Thanks,

Daryl

Picture of Petra Nussdorfer
by Petra Nussdorfer - Friday, 14 February 2014, 2:04 PM

Hi Sven,

I really appreciate the idea of regular webinars.

For the webinar about building components I would suggest to include the topics:
- How can I register my own components
- How can I use the components of other community members

Best regards,
Petra

Picture of Daryl Hedley
by Daryl Hedley - Friday, 14 February 2014, 2:36 PM

Hey Petra,

These were the topics we were thinking about. We feel this is one of the most important things about Adapt's plugin architecture - community members need to know how to share and how to re-use plugins. This would then form a huge base for the community to grow organically.

Thanks,

Daryl