Picture of Joannes Anthonius Rommers
After latest node upgrade course preview corrupt
by Joannes Anthonius Rommers - Tuesday, 7 June 2016, 2:22 PM

After the latest node upgrade our course builds (previews) don't work anymore.
When I look at the local course builds I see that the previews that still work have longer component id's. The previews that don't work have very short id's like "C-05" instead of the long code.

When looking at the browser inspector the error is can't find .... component did you include the component?What could be the problem? In this way our system is useless for development.

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks in advanced.

Picture of Brian Quinn
Re: After latest node upgrade course preview corrupt
by Brian Quinn - Wednesday, 8 June 2016, 12:26 PM

Hi Joannes,

Can you double check that you don't have a "course" folder inside your /temp/adapt_framework folder?  If you have "course" it contains the sample course bundled as part of the framework, and should be removed.

Regards,

Brian

Picture of Joannes Anthonius Rommers
by Joannes Anthonius Rommers - Friday, 10 June 2016, 9:30 AM

Hi Brain,

Thank you for your response.

I have looked at our installation and in the temp folder we see the tenant number folder, not a folder named adapt_framework. The adapt_framework folder is one deeper. Here I do see a folder named "courses" and not "course". It's worth to mention that we are working on the adapt authoring installation that might be of influence?

Any suggestions?

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Wednesday, 15 June 2016, 8:35 AM

Hi Joannes,

Sorry, I meant to say /temp/{id}/adapt_framework.  

If there is no course folder here really I'm not sure where the content with IDs like 'C-05' are coming from, if not the sample course.  Do you know?

All content out from the authoring tool outputs the 24-character MongoDB ObjectID for its _id values.

Brian