Picture of Gavin Nelson
ET2 / Atlas Cloud, EnlightKs / PSI LMS SCORM exit issue
by Gavin Nelson - Friday, 10 June 2016, 11:14 AM

We've just spent a while resolving an issue running an adapt course in the LMS called ET2 or Atlas Cloud, which is created and run by EnlightKS trading as PSI, so I'm posting about it here incase anyone has similar issues.

The issue was that the course wouldn't consistently record the score or lesson status, the course would always be marked as 'Complete' regardless of the actual lesson_status value and would start a new attempt/session on every launch.

I found that this is because Adapt courses when running as SCORM 1.2 send an empty string when setting cmi.core.exit. According to the scorm spec, this will cause a new attempt to be started when the course is relaunched after closing.

This can be fixed by changing the value of this.scorm.handleExitMode to true

in adapt v1 this is located in extensions/adapt-contrib-spoor/js/scormWrapper.js

in v2 it is in extensions/adapt-contrib-spoor/js/scorm/wrapper.js

I can see from the comment above this setting that this was disabled due to issues with other LMSs so i wouldn't change it unless you come across this specific issue.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: ET2 / Atlas Cloud, EnlightKs / PSI LMS SCORM exit issue
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 10 June 2016, 11:59 AM

Thanks for sharing this info - very useful indeed.

Unfortunately the SCORM 1.2 spec for cmi.core.exit was quite poorly defined, which is why this setting often causes issues...