Picture of Phil Sambati
plugins not showing in plugin management
by Phil Sambati - Friday, 10 June 2016, 11:55 AM

Hi everyone, I am just getting started with Adapt and it is really good. My issue is that I have installed a number of plugins using the Adapt CLI whilst in the plugin directory and I get install success but nothing is showing up in th plugin manager of the authoring tool. Can anyone tell me where am I going wrong? I have looked through documents and can't find anything. Thanks

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: plugins not showing in plugin management
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 10 June 2016, 12:41 PM

Which plugins? Not all of them are compatible with the authoring tool I'm afraid. Check to see if each one contains a file called properties.schema - that's the file that makes it compatible with the authoring tool.

Picture of Phil Sambati
by Phil Sambati - Tuesday, 14 June 2016, 8:06 AM

Sorry for the lateness, thank you for the reply. I don't see any of the plugins show up in the auhoring tool. I assumed that running the adpt cli command from the plugins folder is all I need to do. Is there anywhere where the process is documented in detail?

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Tuesday, 14 June 2016, 8:34 AM

Hi Phil, The CLI isn't for use with the authoring tool. To install plugins in the AT, you'll need to go to Plugin Management > Upload Plugin

It's worth having a look to see if there's a properties.schema file in the root of the plugin you're uploading. If there isn't, you know for sure it won't work.

Picture of Amy Groshek
by Amy Groshek - Wednesday, 24 January 2018, 10:04 PM

I just downloaded two plugins off of the plugin browser that don't have properties.schema. If they don't have a necessary file to install into the authoring tool, why are they available for download? Seems like this might cause people unnecessary trouble and wasted time, no? 

Picture of Amy Groshek
by Amy Groshek - Wednesday, 24 January 2018, 10:36 PM

At the very least it should be filter out plugins which will not work with the authoring tool, if that's what you use.

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Thursday, 25 January 2018, 10:21 AM

Hi Amy, 

I understand how frustrating it is that it's not obvious from the browser which plugins are compatible with the authoring tool and which aren't. This is actually something that's been on the to-do list for a while.

However, it's also important to note that many users don't use the authoring tool, and create courses using the framework directly. 

Any plugins with a properties.schema should work in an authoring tool instance.

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Thursday, 25 January 2018, 10:58 AM

Helen Maffin has collected a list which worked in her instance, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XDPyohslGe3bFrLo4U_Rr-muIzRVojnShYmmEKqOqnQ/edit#gid=1227102100

You can ask her if it is up to date, or help the community to add comments there.

Picture of Phil Sambati
by Phil Sambati - Wednesday, 15 June 2016, 11:00 AM

thank you Tom, I now have many of the plugin to use.