Picture of Nick Webb
Missing extensions
by Nick Webb - Wednesday, 15 June 2016, 11:04 AM

Has anyone else come across a problem in the authoring tool where extensions just go missing from a project.

We've experienced this on a couple of occasions now with Resources and Spoor where we have enabled and configured an extension, but then at some point it just disappears from Configuration settings or Project settings.

Weirdly, when this happens the extension is still shown as active under Manage Extensions, but the only way to get it working again for the project is to disable the extension and reapply it.

Anyone else come across this? Any solutions?

Thanks

Nick

Picture of nigel delgaudio
Re: Missing extensions
by nigel delgaudio - Thursday, 16 June 2016, 9:45 AM

I have noticed this on a few occasions, most recently adding a Block slider caused an Assessment to disappear (the assessment still ran fine). I also noticed options from extentions going missing:

for example: I noticed quite a few options from the Assessment Results rollout were missing such as feedback bands and assessment_ID, I solved this by uploading the component again with a higher version number.

It seems that I have to double check new  plugins do not corrupt existing ones. But there is no real way to tell unless you try everything in one cause, which would be a massive chore.

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Friday, 17 June 2016, 12:12 PM

Thanks for raising the issue.  After some investigation I re-created and recorded it in the GitHub repo here:
https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/issues/1215

There's a pull request which fixes it waiting review already, so the fix should make it into the next release.

In the meantime, if you find your extensions have gone missing, can you try refreshing the Project Settings page?

Thanks,

Brian

Picture of Nick Webb
by Nick Webb - Friday, 17 June 2016, 1:21 PM

Wow! Thanks Brian - we'll look forward to the next release of the AT then.

Is there a timescale on that? Or can I patch our current version of the AT using your fix in the meantime?

Kind regards,

Nick

Picture of Phil Sambati
by Phil Sambati - Wednesday, 22 June 2016, 7:59 AM

Hi I also have the problem of no extensions showing up. Is there anyway to roll back the user installed extensions so that at least I can send it out as a SCORM package? Would uninstalling these extensions in the CLI help?

Picture of Phil Sambati
by Phil Sambati - Thursday, 23 June 2016, 10:13 AM

Just a little more information, under extensions nothing shows up. I can't use any of the exported files at the moment because none of the extensions are working. Could anyone help?

Picture of Nick Webb
by Nick Webb - Thursday, 23 June 2016, 11:58 AM

Hi Phil,

When we first encountered the problem we found that going into Manage Extensions, removing the extensions assigned to to the project and then re-adding them brought the extensions back, but they had to be reconfigured (any existing settings get removed).

There is apparently a fix for this in the development branch of the authoring tool on GitHub but I haven't tried this yet.

Nick

Picture of Phil Sambati
by Phil Sambati - Friday, 24 June 2016, 7:06 AM

thanks I will try this