Picture of Tariq Aziz
Unable to find "Theme Customization" option in Authoring Tool
by Tariq Aziz - Wednesday, 29 June 2016, 7:30 AM

I am unable to find the "Theme customization" option as described in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5h3_4hYmo

Is this option removed from the latest version of Authoring tool and editing .less files is the only option to to customize theme?

Picture of Helen Bailey
Re: Unable to find "Theme Customization" option in Authoring Tool
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 29 June 2016, 2:59 PM

That is a video from learning Pool who have their own version of the Authoring Tool for their customers. You will not see the theme editor in the current or past versions of the open source authoring tool.

Your options are :

1. Sign up to Learning Pool's tool - https://www.learningpool.com/adapt-builder-learning-pool

2. Edit your theme by copying the existing theme, editing less files and uploading your own to the tool

3. Wait for a future release of the OS tool which might have a theme editing option in it.

Helen

Picture of Tariq Aziz
by Tariq Aziz - Thursday, 30 June 2016, 6:54 AM

Thanks Helen.

I am editing themes by doing the following steps.

I am creating contents with authoring tool, download it, copying the course files to my development environment and editing less files on development environment. 

The similar tool will provide a lot of flexibility to authoring tool for non technical users.

Picture of Nick Webb
by Nick Webb - Thursday, 30 June 2016, 8:37 AM

If you're creating a lot of courses in the authoring tool you may be better creating your theme and uploading it to the authoring tool, where it can be applied directly to the project.

If you start with the vanilla theme from Github you can update the LESS variables there, zip it up and upload it to the authoring tool as a plugin.

You will need to setup your theme name and version numbers in the bower.json file too. Details about plugin development and the bower.json can be found on the Adapt Github wiki.

Nick