Picture of Amy Purnell
Errors when creating new course
by Amy Purnell - Friday, 1 July 2016, 2:59 PM

Hi!

I am trying to create a new course using version 2.0.2.. 

The course starts loading as normal, until I get this question: 

The plugin adapt-contrib-vanilla.is not compatible with this version of Adapt. Installing it may cause unexpected behaviour. Confirm Install this plugin anyway?  (n) "

It then asks the same question (after I said 'y') about all the plugins, and then returns with this:

Oh dear, something went wrong. Failed to execute "git ls-remote --tags --heads git://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-vanilla.git", exit code of #128
Oh dear, something went wrong. I'm terribly sorry. Failed to execute "git ls-remote --tags --heads git://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-vanilla.git", exit code of #128

So then I went back, tried again, and said 'no' to the same questions... built the course, ran a grunt server.. and all I got was a blank page. 

Can anyone help!? Do I just need to update it? I am not hugely technical (as you can probably tell from the terminology I've used in this post :) )

Any help would be great.. 

Amy

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Errors when creating new course
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 4 July 2016, 9:26 AM

Hi Amy

The vanilla theme states here that it is compatible with any 2.x.x version of the framework. Maybe just double-check you really have got v2.0.2 of the framework? It's here if you need.