Picture of James Wan
Assessment Results Component
by James Wan - Wednesday, 20 July 2016, 10:48 AM

Hi all,

I'm not a technical person so please forgive me if there is a simple solution to this issue. I am using the assessment results component, i have 4 assessment questions, one is each block. The assessment is set to percentage, i have allocated a question weight of 25 to each of the 4 questions (with the thinking that each question will make up 25% of the total 100%. The pass mark is set to 80. In the assessment results component, I have created bands (for the first starts at 0 - with specific feedback, the second is 80 - again with specific feedback and the third is starts at 100 - with specific feedback.

I then preview the course, answer the questions but the specific feedback does not show.

What could i be doing wrong? 

Picture of Simon Date
Re: Assessment Results Component
by Simon Date - Wednesday, 20 July 2016, 2:08 PM

Hi Shaun,

Have you included {{{feedback}}} in the _completionBody object? This is something I always forget to do myself!

If that doesn't fix it if you upload your JSON I'll be happy to take a look over it.

Thanks,

Simon

Picture of James Wan
by James Wan - Wednesday, 20 July 2016, 2:54 PM

Thanks Simon. That fixed the problem. 

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 20 July 2016, 2:27 PM

I don't think you need to be messing with the 'question weight' here - set that back to 1 and I think that will resolve it...

(What Simon says in his post is also worth checking)

Picture of James Wan
by James Wan - Wednesday, 20 July 2016, 3:04 PM

Thanks Matt. I did play around with the question weighting and found that the percentage calculated is impacted by the weight. 

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 20 July 2016, 4:08 PM

If you want all your questions to have the same weight you can just leave this set at 1 - that way someone getting two out of four correct will still get 50%.

questionWeight only needs to be adjusted if you want one or more questions to be worth more points than the others.

Picture of James Wan
by James Wan - Wednesday, 20 July 2016, 5:33 PM

Will test that. Thank you.