Picture of Rafael Franco
How to upload assets in bulk
by Rafael Franco - Monday, 1 August 2016, 7:16 PM

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to upload assets in bulk to the authoring tool. at this moment it only lets me upload one by one and its getting time consuming sinc I need to upload 300+ audio files.

Thanks

Picture of nigel delgaudio
Re: How to upload assets in bulk
by nigel delgaudio - Wednesday, 3 August 2016, 8:04 AM

I try to avoid the asset manager all together as I feel it is essentially impossible to work with as is. Its not really possible to delete assets and any time you wish to edit an asset (cropping etc) you must re-upload and re-link.

Before long your asset manager starts to look extremely cluttered, even with correct tagging and naming conventions. This especially so if you then factor in multiple projects (in our case 3-4 a week).

Instead I upload project assets to my FTP and link to them as an external link. This way I can chop and change at will and see instant results in my course (with a full cache refresh). Once I am happy I will copy the assets to my exported course folder and edit the path in framework.

Picture of Ted Curran
Re: How to upload assets in bulk
by Ted Curran - Wednesday, 12 July 2017, 4:00 PM

Hi Nigel, 
I'd like to see a screencast of your process as you do this. Are you saying you only change the media assets after they've been exported out of Adapt? At that point, you're just working with files, right? So why use the Adapt Framework to do this? What downsides are there to this approach? 
Thanks-

Ted