Picture of Joseph Replin
SCORM Completion Requirements
by Joseph Replin - Tuesday, 2 August 2016, 2:28 PM

Hello there,

I am creating an Adapt module which includes several types of components, but only the text components are listed as "_isOptional": false. I test this on SCORM Cloud and wasn't able to send a completed status.

As soon as I change any of the interactive components so they are required for course completion ("_isOptional": true), the SCORM package sends a completed status.

Any tips on how I could approach this?

Joe Replin

Picture of nigel delgaudio
Re: SCORM Completion Requirements
by nigel delgaudio - Wednesday, 3 August 2016, 7:55 AM

_isOptional": true would mean that the components are optional.

I believe you may just need to switch them around.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 3 August 2016, 3:18 PM

"_isOptional": false is the default setting so including this effectively does nothing to change the behaviour. You only need to include _isOptional when you want to set it to true i.e. to say 'please ignore this component when calculating completion'.

Might help for you to describe the actual completion criteria you want i.e. 'the user should be required to complete all interactive components and pass the assessment'

Picture of Joseph Replin
by Joseph Replin - Wednesday, 3 August 2016, 3:55 PM

Nigel, thanks for pointing that out. I did mean the opposite of what I was attempting to write.

Matt, I have several components in the course but only the text components are required for SCORM completion. Before I was specifically setting the text components to "_isOptional": false. This wasn't marking completion in SCORM Cloud. After reading your advice, I removed the optional fields from the text components and was able to mark completion on SCORM Cloud. 

I will now be adding optional fields only to components that are not required for completion. Consider this solved!

Joe Replin