Picture of Milton Plotkin
All installations and saves removed after a computer reset
by Milton Plotkin - Friday, 12 August 2016, 1:15 AM

Hi. I'm very new to Adapt (and am testing it out to see its viability for what I'm after).
I installed with Vagrant using this tutorial: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/wiki/Install-with-Vagrant, and managed to sign in through localhost:5000 after around 45 minutes of installation.

I made a new course, and then used the command vagrant halt to end my session. For testing purposes, I immediately then used the command vagrant up to see if I could re-access the content, and I could.

When I switched my computer off and on however, and tried to use the command vagrant up, the 45 minute installation began again. And to make matters worse, after the 45 minutes, when I logged into admin, I found that all of my content (the course I had made) was gone (as if I had started a new account).

What is going wrong? I made sure to navigate to the same directory as I did on the day I created the content before running the vagrant commands. Thank you in advance.

Picture of Thomas Berger
Re: All installations and saves removed after a computer reset
by Thomas Berger - Tuesday, 16 August 2016, 8:24 AM

Hello Milton,

that as very odd problem and I never heard of something similar.

Can you please provide more information like on what OS you are, on which drive you installed the Authoring Tool, ...

I tested with the current version on Windows.

When I create a course, execute vagrant halt before rebooting my machine, everything is fine. No re installation all the data stored.

When I do a reboot without vagrant halt (VM still running) a newly added image got lost / got broken.

Can you please try vagrant up. When setup up correctly add some test content. Logout and execute vagrant halt in the correct directory. Make sure you wait until the command finished. Then do a reboot and try a vagrant up again. Do you still have the issue?

Thanks

Thomas