Picture of Nick Petch
Course Start Page
by Nick Petch - Monday, 22 August 2016, 11:44 PM

Hi all

I'm trying to use the "Start Page" feature, but my course just defaults to the main menu.

I suspect that I may be using the wrong ID type, below is the read out from my contentObjects.json course file, the ID's are the same as in the images below where by I obtained the page ID by clicking on it's cog and using "copy ID to clipboard". I have seen in the forums people using ID's such as "co-02" and so on.  

What am I doing wrong here? Many thanks in advance for any help.

I'm running a server side setup of the adapt author. 

{
"_id": "57ba4e9248087fb150f46e2a",
"_type": "page",
"_parentId": "course",
"_graphic": {
"alt": "",
"src": ""
},
"_isAvailable": true,
"_isOptional": false,
"_lockedBy": [],
"duration": "10 minutes",
"linkText": "View",
"_classes": "",
"body": ",<p>You have chosen Bupa because ...,</p>,
"displayTitle": "Our actions",
"title": "Our actions",
"_pageLevelProgress": {
"_showPageCompletion": true,
"_isEnabled": true
}

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Course Start Page
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 23 August 2016, 10:48 AM

I think it's probably due to you having set 'Classes' to '_start'.

The 'Classes' field "provides classes that can be used to select a start page based on device width and on whether its screen is touch-enabled. Classes are assembled as a comma separated list. Values may be any combination of .size-small, .size-medium, and .size-large, and may include .touch and .no-touch; however, it makes no sense to include both .touch and .no-touch since they are exclusive. These values are compared against the classes in the HTML element." (source: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Content-starts-with-course.json#attributes)

Picture of Joel Kellner
Re: Course Start Page
by Joel Kellner - Friday, 13 January 2017, 11:40 PM

Thank you for this post!  the cog wheel to get the page id is important and hidden feature... I was able to make my course skip initial menu page by following that step.