Picture of Jaimon Jacob
Configuring custom components in Authoring tool
by Jaimon Jacob - Thursday, 8 September 2016, 3:38 AM

I am able to use the plugins easily with Adapt Framework, and I know that custom plugins are made to work with Framework but was wondering if anyone was able to get these to work easily in the authoring tool?  For example, the drag and drop component here doesn't show up with the configuration options in Authoring tool, while I can set these easily when I use only the framework.

Another question that could solve this problem for me is "can I edit my course in the authoring tool - just the way I edit it using only the Framework?" For example, in a server that I set up only the Framework, I edit the course in the src>Course>En folder (as in the screenshot). Is there a similar folder that I can access using an IDE in the Authoring tool?

Apologies beforehand if this is too simple a question for this forum.

Picture of Helen Bailey
Re: Configuring custom components in Authoring tool
by Helen Bailey - Friday, 9 September 2016, 9:18 AM

Hi Jaimon,

I use the Authoring tool and have managed to get many non-standard plugins to work successfully with the tool. In github you need to check for the presence of properties.schema for a chance of it working (or create one for it if not!)

I made a list of compatible plugins for people to use and update at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XDPyohslGe3bFrLo4U_Rr-muIzRVojnShYmmEKqOqnQ

You just need to download the .zip from github and install using the Plugin manager in the tool.

You can also edit an AT course outside of the AT using the various folders yes. It depends on what you want to do and why though.

Hope that helps a little

Helen

Picture of Jaimon Jacob
by Jaimon Jacob - Saturday, 10 September 2016, 8:38 AM

Hi Helen - Thanks! That's a brilliant list. If I am to edit from outside AT, which folder should I access, let's say, for editing the content in the components?  As I said, editing the content in the above folder doesn't work for me.

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 12 September 2016, 9:36 AM

Welcome.

Before the course is published the textual content is contained within {installlocation}\adapt_authoring\temp\{yourID}\adapt_framework\courses\{yourid}\{course number}\build\course\en.

Once you have downloaded your course to a zip file you can edit the content in the json files contained in coursefolder/course/en - but bear in mind that the changes won't then reflect back into the course itself back in the authoring tool.

Does that help?