Picture of Melissa Milloway
Has anyone successfully used the Framework and built as SCORM 2004 for Cornerstone LMS?
by Melissa Milloway - Wednesday, 14 September 2016, 7:42 PM

Has anyone successfully used the Framework and built as SCORM 2004 for Cornerstone LMS?

I realize that SCORM 2004 is not currently tested and/or supported but I was inquiring in case anyone has successfully done it. I'm unable to see how users answer test questions in SCORM 1.2 within Cornerstone LMS. I am able to see scores with SCORM 1.2 but not how each question was answered. I'm all fine and dandy on reporting using SCORM 1.2 with the framework, works perfectly in Cornerstone.

If you have had success has there been much editing? I searched on the forum and I did spot one post on changing the scormWrapper version in the adapt-contrib-spoor.js file but is that really all that needs to be done? See here: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=332

Picture of Steve Flowers
Re: Has anyone successfully used the Framework and built as SCORM 2004 for Cornerstone LMS?
by Steve Flowers - Wednesday, 14 September 2016, 11:04 PM

Hi, Mel - Can you confirm that CSOD supports SCORM 2004 interaction reporting? Last I saw in a Storyline thread, folks were having trouble pulling data.

SCORM 1.2 submits interactions as part of the spec. Not sure if this is supported in Adapt or not. 

Re: Has anyone successfully used the Framework and built as SCORM 2004 for Cornerstone LMS?
by Melissa Milloway - Wednesday, 14 September 2016, 11:48 PM

I can confirm this. I have the CSVs sitting in a folder on my comp (for SCORM 2004 within CSOD) with how each person answered each question in the quizzes.

About the second part, I have no clue. Maybe I can see in SCORM cloud?

Picture of Steve Flowers
by Steve Flowers - Thursday, 15 September 2016, 2:10 AM

So there's a report for pulling that info? That's good news.

Picture of Steve Flowers
by Steve Flowers - Thursday, 15 September 2016, 2:33 AM

It doesn't look like there's anything in adapt-contrib-spoor.js for grabbing interaction data and submitting that to the SCORM API. I could be missing something. If the question feature isn't setup with hooks to forward that info out to Spoor, that'd stop it in its tracks as well. The SCORM 1.2 + CSOD combo might not be the problem.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 15 September 2016, 8:41 AM

Spoor does support tracking interactions - see the setting _shouldRecordInteractions in the README for more info.

All core question components support cmi.interactions but community-submitted ones won't necessarily do so.

Adapt works fine on Cornerstone in SCORM 2004 format.

Instructions for switching to SCORM 2004 can be found in the README under the documentation for the _scormVersion setting.

Picture of Steve Flowers
by Steve Flowers - Thursday, 15 September 2016, 10:48 AM

That's good news! Great info. 

by Melissa Milloway - Thursday, 15 September 2016, 4:04 PM

You guys are awesome! I will report back on how it goes. I'm loving this framework and tool for real and it's helping me improve my coding skills.

Thanks so much!!!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 15 September 2016, 7:48 PM

No problem at all Melissa and Steve - and thanks so much for the feedback, really pleased you're enjoying working with Adapt!

by Melissa Milloway - Friday, 16 September 2016, 12:36 AM

So I followed the following instructions:

_scormVersion (string): This property defines what version of SCORM is targeted. Only SCORM 1.2 is officially supported by Adapt. SCORM 2004 should work, but the Adapt team don't include this version in testing. To enable SCORM 2004 support, change this value to "2004" and include the relevant SCORM 2004 packaging files (imsmanifest.xml and others). The default is "1.2".

I added the following to the config.json with no issues in the code:

"_advancedSettings": {
            "_comment": "Only include this section if you want to change any of the default values. You only need include settings you want to change.",
            "_scormVersion": "1.2",
            "_showDebugWindow": false,
            "_suppressErrors": false,
            "_commitOnStatusChange": true,
            "_timedCommitFrequency": 10,
            "_maxCommitRetries": 5,
            "_commitRetryDelay": 2000,
            "_commitOnVisibilityChangeHidden": true
        },

Then I overrode the files in the \adapt-contrib-spoor\required folder with the SCORM 2004 ones, as seen here http://scorm.com/scorm-explained/technical-scorm/content-packaging/xml-schema-definition-files/ the 2004 ones.

Now when I run it on SCORM cloud it comes up as SCORM 2004, however the reporting of the score and anything else is un-linked? from my interactions, so it automatically runs as complete with no ability to report scores. I know I am missing something.

by Melissa Milloway - Friday, 16 September 2016, 3:43 AM

Oops I accidentally posted the original code. I did change the 1.2 to 2004 under scormVersion in the Config.json

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 16 September 2016, 8:17 AM

could you attach your config.json here so that I can see all of it?

by Melissa Milloway - Friday, 16 September 2016, 4:03 PM

Hi Matt,

I have attached it and I can attach the whole project file later.  I plan on doing some video tutorials on adjusting quizzing and completion criteria. I would plan on doing a video tutorial on adjusting for SCORM 2004 if I can get it to work. I have also attached what the outcome looks like from SCORM Cloud, it automatically marks as complete as soon as the course is launched and doesn't track score but does mark it as SCORM 2004.

Thanks!

Mel

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 16 September 2016, 5:43 PM

Hi Melissa

It's because your _advancedSettings object needs to be a child of the _spoor object. Currently it's a 'sibling' of it... I've amended your version and attached.

You should have been getting a 'could not connect to LMS' error from the course... I certainly did when I tested on SCORM Cloud... it was that which helped me track down the problem - the error prompted me to look in the browser console to see if there was a bit more information about what was going wrong and in there I saw the line "SCORM.API.find: SCORM version 1.2 was specified by user, but API cannot be found". Given that Adapt was still trying to track to SCORM 1.2 that meant that either the settings in config.json hadn't been applied properly or there was a bug in the code that reads them in and applies them.

by Melissa Milloway - Friday, 16 September 2016, 6:41 PM

For some reason I wasn't getting that warning. I think because of something else I changed BUT... I did get it to work with your config.json AND you have to change the imsmanifest to target the index_lms.html because it targets the index.html on default.

Major kudos to you for helping me out, Matt! If you ever travel to Seattle I owe you like 10 coffees.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 16 September 2016, 7:26 PM

you have to change the imsmanifest to target the index_lms.html because it targets the index.html on default

Ah, that's probably why you didn't get the warning then... index.html contains a fake SCORM (1.2) API so that you can run the content outside of an LMS without getting a ton of 'could not connect to LMS' warnings.

Picture of Trieu Truong
by Trieu Truong - Tuesday, 9 January 2018, 1:23 AM

This should be marked as "Correct Answer".

"AND you have to change the imsmanifest to target the index_lms.html because it targets the index.html on default".

Thanks Melissa & Matt for sharing this final but necessary step so that my Adapt course could integrate with SCORM 2004.