Picture of Wolfgang Helmut
Authoring tool - server installation error
by Wolfgang Helmut - Monday, 19 September 2016, 10:45 AM

The vagrant installation on my windows PC works fine, but with the server installation I am stuck.

Details about my server installation:

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
Adapt authoring tool v0.2.2
Adapt Framework v2.0.7
Node version v4.2.6 (also tried v4.2.2)

The installation does not complete correctly. After the installation process I can start the Authoring tool. The login page starts loading ("Loading..." in middle of the page) but then hangs. There is a "Script error for: adaptbuilder/js/origin.js?20160810095533452".

I find that after finishing "npm install --production" there is no "origin.js" in my "/adapt_authoring/frontend/src/adaptbuilder/js" directory.

During the installation process I got the following major error:

Running "requirejs:compile" (requirejs) task
[Error: Error: Module loading did not complete for: core/app/app, sweetalert, coreJS/notify/notify, coreJS/notify/plugins/alert/index
at Function.build.checkForErrors (/root/adapt_authoring/node_modules/grunt-contrib-requirejs/node_modules/requirejs/bin/r.js:31556:19)
]
originalError: [Error: Module loading did not complete for: core/app/app, sweetalert, coreJS/notify/notify, coreJS/notify/plugins/alert/index] }
ERROR: { [Error: Command failed: /bin/sh -c grunt build:prod
]
killed: false,
code: 1,
signal: null,
cmd: '/bin/sh -c grunt build:prod' }
grunt build:prod command failed. Is the grunt-cli module installed? You can install using npm install -g grunt grunt-cli
Install will continue. Try running grunt build:prod after installation completes.

The other build tasks seem to have been completed OK. So for instance I get the message "... frontend/src/adaptbuilder/css/adapt.css created." and the file is actually there.

If I run "grunt build:prod" again, I get the same error as above.

For further reference I enclose the complete terminal inputs/outputs with some additional warnings and errors.

Would you have any advice how I can work around this problem?

Picture of Wolfgang Helmut
Re: Authoring tool - server installation error
by Wolfgang Helmut - Monday, 26 September 2016, 3:17 PM

I could resolve the problem:

Guessing that it might be a timeout issue I added in "/adapt_authoring/frontend/src/core/app/config.js" right at the beginning of  " require.config({ " :

waitSeconds: 300,

then the installation completed without errors.

(I am using an older PC as a test server. On the other hand I have not experienced any performance issues so far.)