Picture of James Bedwell
Flipcard Component - Customise how many cards per line?
by James Bedwell - Thursday, 6 October 2016, 10:47 AM

Hi Adapters,

Does anyone have any advise on how I could customise how many flipcards are presented on one row? Currently they're displaying 2 per row and they are huge and way too big for my needs. Preferably I'd like 5 per row - is this possible, natively or via CSS?

Cheers!

Picture of Stephen Harlow
Re: Flipcard Component - Customise how many cards per line?
by Stephen Harlow - Friday, 25 November 2016, 1:26 AM

Hi James

I don't have an answer to your question, but I've wondered the same thing. Because of this, and some unusual flipcard behaviour in IE, I'm considering using Dan Storey's new flipper and reveal components. If you haven't seen them before, there's a demo here. While neither is an exact replacement, they may be worth considering.

Cheers

Stephen

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 25 November 2016, 10:56 AM

Could be worth asking this question in an issue on the github repository for that plugin....

Picture of Chris Gillison
by Chris Gillison - Friday, 25 November 2016, 7:30 PM

Hi James & Stephen,

Just as a word of warning, Daniel Storey's Flipcard works great on Chrome and FF but not so well on my version of IE11 - the flip animation works, but the flipped card shows a reverse image of the card you just flipped. Same issue on iPhone (so presumably iPad). I've been meaning to check github to see if there's a newer version / to log the issue but just haven't had the time recently.

Chris

Picture of Dan Storey
by Dan Storey - Monday, 28 November 2016, 4:59 PM

Afternoon all.

Stephen - thanks for your recommendation however Chris - you are right that flipper isn't yet compatible with some browsers - hope to provide a fix soon. Also reveal has a naming conflict issue with adapt-contrib-reveal so will be releasing a renamed version soon!

James - I know your post was a while ago now so take it you found a solution to your problem but you should be able to use css to size the flipcards according to your requirements. Using the ids for each component you can get rid of the margins and give each one a width of 20%. You probably would need to set the height as well and I'd recommend using a media query when setting the width to make sure the component displays correctly on smaller screens. Let us know if you need a more detailed solution.

Cheers, Dan